FM9 Signal Chain - what are you playing through?0

ASD

Big fan of Fractal and still have my AXE FX II and use it for recording and practice.

I have not had as much luck when using it in a live setting and looking to see what you are using the FM9 with for playing live.

ps. I am in the waitlist and my next rig will be digital. I’ve owned a Kemper Powerhead which worked well but always preferred the effects in the Fractal.

thx

Last edited:
Code:
FM9 --------> PA
     \
      \
        ------> Xitone MBritt (open back)

The Xitone is backfill for me in my corner of the world. If I can't make it work, I can live without it.

Reactions: ASD
Mick from Xitone uses the FTX-1225 which is a high end Celestion speaker that is true FRFR. I would recommend Xitone just for that reason alone.

I’ll be running through the FX loops of two EVH 5150 50w heads. But I just play at home so portability isn’t a concern. If it was a small concern I’d use one of those amps and send another path to FOH. If it was a major concern I’d just run straight to FOH and use in ears.

Code:
FM9 --------> PA
     \
      \
        ------> Xitone MBritt (open back)

The Xitone is backfill for me in my corner of the world. If I can't make it work, I can live without it.
Same here but I’m using the xitone active wedges with the FM3 for now. Will be the same with the FM9.

Same here but I’m using the xitone active wedges with the FM3 for now. Will be the same with the FM9.
Mick from Xitone uses the FTX-1225 which is a high end Celestion speaker that is true FRFR. I would recommend Xitone just for that reason alone.
Out of curiosity, how long did it take you guys to get your xitone cabs? I have been waiting for 4 months and Mick does not respond to my emails anymore and already took my money out months ago. It is a little frustrating.

Ditto on mine too. Ordered years ago. That is strange, he usually answers emails fairly quick. He might be having issues getting speakers but 4 months is a bit crazy. Not sure how you paid but maybe try to cancel your order? SW sells the Mesa thiele cab. You should be able to install a Celestion F12-X200 GRFR into it but the FTX-1225 is going to be to large. It's ring is bigger than the F12-X200. Both are great speakers but your in the middle of a purchase so that's tough situation. I will email him and see if it's an email issue on your end or his.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you guys to get your xitone cabs? I have been waiting for 4 months and Mick does not respond to my emails anymore and already took my money out months ago. It is a little frustrating.
I got em pretty quick. Couple weeks maybe. Been a few years but we obviously we didn’t have all the raw material shortage issues at that time. I thought he was doing them in batches as enough orders came in?
I would resend the same email and add to the subject line [SECOND ATTEMPT] or third or fourth, you get the idea.
He seems like a straight up dude. He’ll get back to you…
@MicFarlow

Hey Mick emailed me so he should answer you on this thread soon.

Hey Mick emailed me so he should answer you on this thread soon.
Thanks a lot. I completely understand that there are issues with shortages etc. I hear that his cabs are beast. He told me about 2.5 months ago that it would be ready. I just want an update.

Thanks so much for contacting him.

I got em pretty quick. Couple weeks maybe. Been a few years but we obviously we didn’t have all the raw material shortage issues at that time. I thought he was doing them in batches as enough orders came in?
I would resend the same email and add to the subject line [SECOND ATTEMPT] or third or fourth, you get the idea.
He seems like a straight up dude. He’ll get back to you…
@MicFarlow
Will do thanks for the tip.

FM9 - (All depends on the gig)
Out 1 -> Floor Wedge. Depending on Stage size either an FBT 1x12 with Matrix G50 Amplifier, or QSC K8/K10
Out 2 -> FOH/PA
Out 3 (no cab sims) -> Matrix GT1000FX into a cabinet (either a 1x12 Mesa Boogie Thiele w/ Eminence Legend or Port City 2x12 w/ Scumback M75)

Three gigs this labor day weekend and I basically ran the Out 1 + Out 2 setups.

Attachments

• 3D79B9D3-C81F-49D9-B442-048A722DEFE0.jpeg
    3D79B9D3-C81F-49D9-B442-048A722DEFE0.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
  • 9BF564EA-12B8-4FBC-B345-46B1EF3D62BC.jpeg
    9BF564EA-12B8-4FBC-B345-46B1EF3D62BC.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
  • A11A7DD9-3AE8-4FE5-8831-1B5C37C434B2.jpeg
    A11A7DD9-3AE8-4FE5-8831-1B5C37C434B2.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 48
FM9 - (All depends on the gig)
Out 1 -> Floor Wedge. Depending on Stage size either an FBT 1x12 with Matrix G50 Amplifier, or QSC K8/K10
Out 2 -> FOH/PA
Out 3 (no cab sims) -> Matrix GT1000FX into a cabinet (either a 1x12 Mesa Boogie Thiele w/ Eminence Legend or Port City 2x12 w/ Scumback M75)

Three gigs this labor day weekend and I basically ran the Out 1 + Out 2 setups.
Ohhhh…
That’s a good thought!
Can’t do that on the FM3 but the extra out on the FM9 easily gives the option for the matrix amp (I have the same one) and regular cab without making separate patches.
Love it!

Once I receive it... almost certainly gonna try running it through my PS-100 into some sort of cab, I'll try several.

Still running my axe fx 2 (as I wait patiently for the invite for the fm9) through a qsc k12. Pretty happy with that setup.

Ohhhh…
That’s a good thought!
Can’t do that on the FM3 but the extra out on the FM9 easily gives the option for the matrix amp (I have the same one) and regular cab without making separate patches.
Love it!
Assuming you are running in mono I think you could use the FM3 L and R jacks on Out 1 to send multiple signals that have cab sims, and then preserve Out 2 for a no cab sim set up. This would avoid separate presets.

Assuming you are running in mono I think you could use the FM3 L and R jacks on Out 1 to send multiple signals that have cab sims, and then preserve Out 2 for a no cab sim set up. This would avoid separate presets.
You could, you just wouldn’t have independent on the fly level control. I like having the Out knobs at my feet for that…

Back
Top Bottom