FM9 OMG9

Not according to p104 of the Manual, and not what OMG was in FM3+FC6

View attachment 90688
you said you have Scenes, Effects, and Preset Bank Up on the top right switches.

the diagram you show has Scenes, Effects and Presets. while you're in the Preset Layout, you don't need a switch to take you to the Preset Layout because you're already there. so it is a Bank Up button, and below that is a Bank Down button.

this is called the OMFG9 Layout, made for the FM9. the "OMG9" Layout for the FM3 is different, because it is a different device.

you have successfully loaded the OMFG9 Layout for the FM9, as requested from your first post in this thread. you do not have the Default layout loaded currently.

you said you have Scenes, Effects, and Preset Bank Up on the top right switches.

the diagram you show has Scenes, Effects and Presets. while you're in the Preset Layout, you don't need a switch to take you to the Preset Layout because you're already there. so it is a Bank Up button, and below that is a Bank Down button.

this is called the OMFG9 Layout, made for the FM9. the "OMG9" Layout for the FM3 is different, because it is a different device.

you have successfully loaded the OMFG9 Layout for the FM9, as requested from your first post in this thread. you do not have the Default layout loaded currently.

Ok, ok... I guess I was expecting the layout to be closer to what I was working with. I will, however be able to modify it for my needs, including the six presets and scenes like I had before.

Thanks for your help, I didn't realize that I had change the layout because the changes were so subtle.

Ok, ok... I guess I was expecting the layout to be closer to what I was working with. I will, however be able to modify it for my needs, including the six presets and scenes like I had before.

Thanks for your help, I didn't realize that I had change the layout because the changes were so subtle.
I mentioned this in another thread. If you’re on the stock Presets layout when you make the change, the change is so subtle it’s easily missed. The only change is the top right button (Tap) changes to Effects. And that change is made even more subtle because Tap and Effects share the same color in this case (blue). So the word “Tap” changes to “Effects” and that switch stops blinking.

the Owner's Manual shows all the Layouts

Well, I did just get the device yesterday and did not get to the manual yet, besides p104.
Importing all my FM3 presets was tedious and now I am working on the layout. I appreciate the level of customization, it is convenient.

I mentioned this in another thread. If you’re on the stock Presets layout when you make the change, the change is so subtle it’s easily missed. The only change is the top right button (Tap) changes to Effects. And that change is made even more subtle because Tap and Effects share the same color in this case (blue). So the word “Tap” changes to “Effects” and that switch stops blinking.

Spot on!

It certainly does not transition seamlessly for FM3+FC6 OMG users.
No matter, I can deal, change colors, all sorts of things...

I found the issue. My favorite 3rd party presets had an override programmed for layout “scenes more”. They were created for the fm3 / fc6 and worked without issue using omg9 but not with the fm9. Shorter version is that I removed the override and saved the presets. All is well now. BTW - I first discovered this by checking factory presets and learned they operated without any issue.

Last edited:
Sorry to resurrect this older thread. When you load the OFM9G layout from the hardware itself, does it simply overwrite LAYOUT 1 slot which is the "PRESET" layout? The manual says "Loading OFM9G will overwrite your current footswitch layouts" but in reality, isn't it only overwriting ONE layout slot?

Back
Top Bottom