FM9 OMG15 questions. Please help!

Dirty145

Inspired
So, I received my FM9 yesterday and decided to pair it with my FC6 controller. There are two things I’m trying to accomplish, but can’t get to work.

I want my FC6 to only display the effects on every preset, so I can quickly turn them on and off (like a pedal board). I’m fine with the OMG9 layout on the FM9 itself. I had it working yesterday, but when I powered the unit off and then turned it back on again today, it reverted back to displaying scenes. How to I make this change permanent across all presets?

Second question..with the FC6 attached, I now need to use the expression jack on that for my EV2 pedal. I was under the impression that you can get the FC6 pedal input to mirror the Pedal 1 input on the FM9 itself, so that I don’t have to change all my presets to now reflect FC1 Pedal 1. I can’t seem to figure out how to make this work. I did try changing things in the MIDI controller menu and nothing worked. Anyone know how to do this?

With Layout Links, you can choose to go straight to your Effects layout (Layout 3 by default) right when you push the preset button. That’s how I’m doing it.

And then just have somewhere on your Effects Layout a button to get straight back to Presets.

With Layout Links, you can choose to go straight to your Effects layout (Layout 3 by default) right when you push the preset button. That’s how I’m doing it.

And then just have somewhere on your Effects Layout a button to get straight back to Presets.
Are you using the FC6 with the FM9?

Edit: After playing around with this a bit I think a better way is:

From FM9 edit:
Go to FC Edit
Select Show As FC6
Show Edits on FC1
Select Layout 8
Edit switches on Layout 8 (I set the bottom row of each view to bypass three effects and the top row to bypass two effects and “more”; the more button on View 1 selects View 2 and vice versa).

On the FC6:
Press Home
Press knob E (setup)
Select FC Controllers/Onboard Switches
Hit Enter
Page over to Devices tab
Change current layout and startup layout of FC6 to “8”

This makes it so no matter what you do, the FC6 is always on layout 8. Of course you may want to change the Effects button on the FM9 to do something different…or put other effects on layout 4 and 5 (the stock effects layouts) which would allow you to access 10 more effects!)

I don’t yet see a way to have one expression jack mirror another.

Side note: I may have to keep my FC6 because this has me thinking of all kinds of cool possibilities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom