FM9 MK2?

Since they already sourced the larger LCDs for the FCs, its only the issue off changing the chassi (stamping tool for it) which is a small cost. So perhaps..
I detect a mild sarcasm. 😄 Re-tooling the chassis might not be difficult engineering or logistics-wise, but the cost to reprogram the stamping machines might be greater.

Am content with my current FM9, though others may be chomping at the bit for theirs...larger scribble screens or no...

Since the FM9 won´t make it to Europe before 2023 I guess, here´s hoping that it will already have the larger LCDs by then. I can´t imagine anybody preferring the smaller ones if given the choice...I already got a FC12 Mark II instead of my Mark I.

Since they already sourced the larger LCDs for the FCs, its only the issue off changing the chassi (stamping tool for it) which is a small cost. So perhaps..
The same chassis is used for the FC12, just as the FM3 uses the FC6 chassis. Fractal uses the same daughter boards for the switches and LCDs on all the units, so, the odds are really good there'll be a bigger scribble strip across the product line eventually.

"The entire product line was conceived years ago. The goal was to maximize the number of parts shared between products. The footswitch PC boards do three switches each. An FM3 has one board. An FC6 has two. An FM9 has three and an FC12 has four. All products use the same LCDs, encoders, side plates, etc., etc. This reduces cost and repair inventory. The FC6 and the FM3 are basically the same enclosure. The FC12 and FM9 are basically the same enclosure. This isn't a huge market. Margins are thin so you have to think of ways to minimize development and product costs. Parts bin methodology is the route we took on this generation." [14]

When? When they announce it. When's that? "Soon", whenever or someday, take your pick.

The same chassis is used for the FC12, just as the FM3 uses the FC6 chassis. Fractal uses the same daughter boards for the switches and LCDs on all the units, so, the odds are really good there'll be a bigger scribble strip across the product line eventually.

When? When they announce it. When's that? "Soon", whenever or someday, take your pick.
Yup. When it arrives, I'll buy it. Until then, doing the best I can with what I have....

No new display, but every new FM9 comes with a pair of these:

MC-29027.jpg

Ah, haven't paid attention to FC6/12. Then it totally make sense. Since making a hole larger is easier than make it smaller :D I would guess that they adjusted the MkI tool to get to MKII already. So perhaps going forward all new products will have larger LCDs apart from already produced or stocks of smaller LCDs to use up first.

Ah, haven't paid attention to FC6/12. Then it totally make sense. Since making a hole larger is easier than make it smaller :D I would guess that they adjusted the MkI tool to get to MKII already. So perhaps going forward all new products will have larger LCDs apart from already produced or stocks of smaller LCDs to use up first.

Cliff said…
"The entire product line was conceived years ago. The goal was to maximize the number of parts shared between products. The footswitch PC boards do three switches each. An FM3 has one board. An FC6 has two. An FM9 has three and an FC12 has four. All products use the same LCDs, encoders, side plates, etc., etc. This reduces cost and repair inventory. The FC6 and the FM3 are basically the same enclosure. The FC12 and FM9 are basically the same enclosure. This isn't a huge market. Margins are thin so you have to think of ways to minimize development and product costs. Parts bin methodology is the route we took on this generation." [14]

Exactly... so...

If the MkII FC's are punched and using the new-sized screens, the only logical move is to carry that forth on the FM3 and FM9 chassis. Why on Earth would they bother to use the old hole-punch size???

They did an early B-stock sale this year. Current FM3 stock will be sold off... future FM3s and FM9s will ship in the same (shared) chassis as the MkII FC6 and FC12.

If that is NOT the case... I'll be out of here even quicker than the unbelievably shite results of the "on it full-time" employee TRYING to sort out the USB/driver issue. Four years later!!!

RTFM!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly... so...

If the MkII FC's are punched and using the new-sized screens, the only logical move is to carry that forth on the FM3 and FM9 chassis. Why on Earth would they bother to use the old hole-punch size???

They did an early B-stock sale this year. Current FM3 stock will be sold off... future FM3s and FM9s will ship in the same (shared) chassis as the MkII FC6 and FC12.

If that is NOT the case... I'll be out of here even quicker than the unbelievably shite results of the "on it full-time" employee TRYING to sort out the USB/driver issue. Four years later!!!

RTFM!!!!!!!!!!
Did you read this?

No new display, but every new FM9 comes with a pair of these:

MC-29027.jpg
I’ll take it.

Although I sweat so much when I play that glasses either fall off my face or fill up with sweat. And my corneas are too flat for contacts. Unfortunately I don’t have George Costanzas ability to squint my way down to 20/30 vision.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom