FM9 + Loop switcher

@surfacesounds , my apologies for misunderstanding your need and providing a slightly misleading answer. i was looking at it from a "can it be programmed to do this" perspective and not "can i do this on the fly" perspective.

You can definitely use in/out 2 for pedals. However you're still going to run into the same thing. If you put a pedal in input/output 2, you can have that loop active or not depending on which scene you're on. the scene still won't "remember" that you changed its state.

It sounds like what you're wanting is kind of an auto save feature. Or, in the case of the CSs, a "Last in scene" option in addition to on/off/last.

Still, I think it bears some consideration on if you really need a scene to remember the last state you left that scene in.

Are you wanting to use this idea live or...
So am i right in thinking In/Out loops bypass don't act like the regular effect blocks and wont remember how they were last set from scene to scene?

Basically i'm a once preset person and before i start a song i just go through all snapshots (currently using a Line6 Helix) and turn on/off effects i need for that song.

So am i right in thinking In/Out loops bypass don't act like the regular effect blocks and wont remember how they were last set from scene to scene?

Basically i'm a once preset person and before i start a song i just go through all snapshots (currently using a Line6 Helix) and turn on/off effects i need for that song.
Actually, now that I'm thinking about it more, scenes will "remember" how the in/out blocks are set but only until you switch presets or turn the FM9 off. Basically you're editing the scenes. The edits will be lost unless you save them. So, assuming you don't plan on switching presets, you can do what you want using the in/out loops, just not with the MIDI messages (maybe someone can figure out a way to do it).

How many external pedals are you planning on using? We could probably help a bit more with more details. :)

That’s good the loops act the same as the effect blocks. Think I’ve worked out a setup to get all my external pedals working with the FM9.
Setup would be something like this:
In/out 2 - ML5
Loop 1 - Blackout effectors Musket - only enabled for scene 2
Loop 2 - Boss DD3 & Red Panda Tensor - enabled for all scenes
In/out 3 - Dod rubberneck delay - FS switch setup so I can add to which ever scenes.

For out2 XLR I guess this is a line out so is this ok going into pedals?

Also any idea how much cpu the Plex delay takes up?

Thanks again for all your help

Last edited:
Hi sorry if this is a stupid question but if I want to put an effect in a loop using the inputs/outputs, how is that best accomplished? I'd like to put a TC Electronics Talkbox effect in a loop, and TC generally has great clean bypass but I'd prefer to keep it out of the chain except on the few songs I need... If there is a prior post or possible to quickly summarize the best way to use the in/outs as a loop I would be very grateful! - Thx -Andrew

Hi sorry if this is a stupid question but if I want to put an effect in a loop using the inputs/outputs, how is that best accomplished? I'd like to put a TC Electronics Talkbox effect in a loop, and TC generally has great clean bypass but I'd prefer to keep it out of the chain except on the few songs I need... If there is a prior post or possible to quickly summarize the best way to use the in/outs as a loop I would be very grateful! - Thx -Andrew
See the section in the manual called Inserting Outboard Gear.

That’s good the loops act the same as the effect blocks. Think I’ve worked out a setup to get all my external pedals working with the FM9.
Setup would be something like this:
In/out 2 - ML5
Loop 1 - Blackout effectors Musket - only enabled for scene 2
Loop 2 - Boss DD3 & Red Panda Tensor - enabled for all scenes
In/out 3 - Dod rubberneck delay - FS switch setup so I can add to which ever scenes.

For out2 XLR I guess this is a line out so is this ok going into pedals?

Also any idea how much cpu the Plex delay takes up?

Thanks again for all your help
Sorry, this thread totally fell off my radar. Did you ever get this worked out?

Back
Top Bottom