FM9 Layout possible with FM3 + FC6?

Hi all, as currently the FC6 has 2 views and the FM3 has 4, it looks like it's either a challenge someone has already conquered or just impossible.
My question: Is it possible or can someone share the layout which gives 3 top buttons on the FC6 (Preset/Tnr, SCENE, FX), and on the FM3 3-buttons + FC6 lower 3 buttons (list of 5 presets, scenes and fx, + >More button). I have been trying and haven't succeeded so far, except for raising a high level of frustration :)
If not possible --> Wish list ;-)

This can be done. The first step is to enable the FC6 compatibility mode (SETUP --> FC CONTROLLERS --> Config --> FC6/FC12 Compatibility mode). This sets up the FC6 views to consist of 2 rows of 3 buttons each.

Next, set up 3 FC6 views to have your 3 main buttons (presets, scenes, fx) on the top row of each view. In other words, you'll be duplicating these 3 buttons in 3 different views. These buttons should also contain layout links to the FM3 views you'll be creating. On the bottom row of the first view you'll have preset 1/2/3. On the bottom row of the second view you'll have scene 1/2/3. And the 3rd view will have fx 1/2/3.

Edit 3 more views to hold your FM3 buttons. The first view will have presets 4/5/more, second view scene 4/5/more, third view fx 4/5/more. The layout links in the presets/scenes/fx buttons in the top rows of the FC6 views will display these FM3 buttons.

I've simplified this a bit but this should get you what you want.

I did a quick and dirty example that includes just presets and scenes. Below is layout 6 view 1 (highlighted) and view 2 (dimmed), which should be displayed in the FC6. Note view 1 and view 2 both have the same buttons in the top row. When the "PRESETS" button in both view 1 and 2 is clicked, it will display layout 6, view 1 on the FC6.
1630180896614.png

The "PRESETS" button in view 1 and 2 will also display layout 8 view 2 in the FM3 thanks to this layout link.
1630180930520.png

Layout 8 view 2 looks like this:
1630180975342.png

Note that layout 8 view 4 contains the scenes buttons for the FM3. You'll want the "SCENES" buttons in layout 6 to link to this view.

Like I said, this is quick and dirty and should not be used as-is. However, I think it's enough show you how to get what you want.

This can be done. The first step is to enable the FC6 compatibility mode (SETUP --> FC CONTROLLERS --> Config --> FC6/FC12 Compatibility mode). This sets up the FC6 views to consist of 2 rows of 3 buttons each.

Next, set up 3 FC6 views to have your 3 main buttons (presets, scenes, fx) on the top row of each view. In other words, you'll be duplicating these 3 buttons in 3 different views. These buttons should also contain layout links to the FM3 views you'll be creating. On the bottom row of the first view you'll have preset 1/2/3. On the bottom row of the second view you'll have scene 1/2/3. And the 3rd view will have fx 1/2/3.

Edit 3 more views to hold your FM3 buttons. The first view will have presets 4/5/more, second view scene 4/5/more, third view fx 4/5/more. The layout links in the presets/scenes/fx buttons in the top rows of the FC6 views will display these FM3 buttons.

I've simplified this a bit but this should get you what you want.

I did a quick and dirty example that includes just presets and scenes. Below is layout 6 view 1 (highlighted) and view 2 (dimmed), which should be displayed in the FC6. Note view 1 and view 2 both have the same buttons in the top row. When the "PRESETS" button in both view 1 and 2 is clicked, it will display layout 6, view 1 on the FC6.
View attachment 87729

The "PRESETS" button in view 1 and 2 will also display layout 8 view 2 in the FM3 thanks to this layout link.
View attachment 87730

Layout 8 view 2 looks like this:
View attachment 87731

Note that layout 8 view 4 contains the scenes buttons for the FM3. You'll want the "SCENES" buttons in layout 6 to link to this view.

Like I said, this is quick and dirty and should not be used as-is. However, I think it's enough show you how to get what you want.
Thanks! Great! 👊

I THANK YOU FOR THE TIME YOU TAKEN TO HELP ME AND THE DEDICATION, IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED, AT THE SAME VIEW I THINK I UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, IT JUST REMAINS, PUT ME TO WORK ON THIS AND GET TO THE FINAL RESULT, IT IS NOT EASY FOR OLD SCHOOLS, BUT IT IS NOT EASY FOR OLD SCHOOLS, BUT IT IS NOT EASY FOR OLD SCHOOLS IN THIS CAREER OF MUSICAL LIFE, AND TECHNOLOGY, THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN, AS SOON AS I HAVE THE TIME TO APPLY THIS, I WILL LET YOU KNOW, LOL, TAKE CARE AND THANK YOU !!!

I THANK YOU FOR THE TIME YOU TAKEN TO HELP ME AND THE DEDICATION, IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED, AT THE SAME VIEW I THINK I UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, IT JUST REMAINS, PUT ME TO WORK ON THIS AND GET TO THE FINAL RESULT, IT IS NOT EASY FOR OLD SCHOOLS, BUT IT IS NOT EASY FOR OLD SCHOOLS, BUT IT IS NOT EASY FOR OLD SCHOOLS IN THIS CAREER OF MUSICAL LIFE, AND TECHNOLOGY, THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN, AS SOON AS I HAVE THE TIME TO APPLY THIS, I WILL LET YOU KNOW, LOL, TAKE CARE AND THANK YOU !!!
Your caps lock key is broken and you are yelling. Please fix it.

Hi all,

Go to FM3_Edit and do an import all layouts of the attached file and give it a go! ;-)
Make sure you have the FC Controllers set as shown in the picture.
Next to that the startup-layout of the FM3 should be 8, and the one for the FC6 should be 1.
Good luck! Hope it looks close to the FM9 setup.

1630348917592.png

Attachments

• FM9_Layout.fclayout
    84.6 KB · Views: 39
I'm going to check this out ASAP. I agree the FM9 Layout would be great on the FM3+FC6. FM3 Edit gets very confusing in layouts when using the FC6. I wish there was a way to just see the FM3 and FC6 at the same time on the screen and it didn't do goofy stuff on the units when editing. I need to deep dive into layouts as I've just been using the OMG9 from the get go.

I'm going to check this out ASAP. I agree the FM9 Layout would be great on the FM3+FC6. FM3 Edit gets very confusing in layouts when using the FC6. I wish there was a way to just see the FM3 and FC6 at the same time on the screen and it didn't do goofy stuff on the units when editing. I need to deep dive into layouts as I've just been using the OMG9 from the get go.
Great! Let me know your thoughts, improvements and experience ;-)
I agree that working with layouts in FM3Edit is acting a bit goofy and having a view showing both would definitely help. Don't know if there are lots of users who have advanced modular setups of more FC6's and FC12's (or even mixes of both types) 😎

FM3 Edit gets very confusing in layouts when using the FC6. I wish there was a way to just see the FM3 and FC6 at the same time on the screen and it didn't do goofy stuff on the units when editing.
I've been spending some time lately working on layouts and have a few things that I've found to be helpful when programing switches:

1) In Edit, just below the Layout name, you'll see "Show Edits On:". If you select FM3 and FC1 then you'll see your changes directly on the FM3 and FC6.

2) I find it easier to visualize everything when I enable the FC6 compatibility mode (SETUP --> FC CONTROLLERS --> Config --> FC6/FC12 Compatibility mode). This sets up the FC6 views to consist of 2 rows of 3 buttons each.

On the floor, I have my FM3 on the left and my FC6 on the right. So, for most of my layouts, I program the lower left 3 switches in Edit ( FM3 view 1) to be my FM3 switches. I program the 6 switches on the right in Edit (FC6 View 2) to be my FC6 switches. This way, what I see in Edit is the same as what I see on my units on the floor. As a result, when I program an FC6 switch to change layout, the Tap function selects Layout X View 2 (right 6 switches) and the Layout Link sets the FM3 to Layout X View 1 (lower left 3 switches).

3) Remember that the tap action will affect only the unit the switch you're programming is on or plugged into (e.g. external switch) and the Layout Link will affect the other unit. So, if you're setting up the top 3 switches on the FC6 or external switches plugged into the back of the FC6, the Tap functions will change what's on the FC6 and then you program the Layout Link to change what's on the FM3.

Hope this is of some help.

Great! Let me know your thoughts, improvements and experience ;-)
I agree that working with layouts in FM3Edit is acting a bit goofy and having a view showing both would definitely help. Don't know if there are lots of users who have advanced modular setups of more FC6's and FC12's (or even mixes of both types) 😎
Great job! Is there a way to sneak the looper in? I really like having it laid out this way. I'm just an old head I guess. Long press on an effect to switch channels from a to b (or whatever) should be pretty easy. I'm going to try that as well. Thanks!

Great job! Is there a way to sneak the looper in? I really like having it laid out this way. I'm just an old head I guess. Long press on an effect to switch channels from a to b (or whatever) should be pretty easy. I'm going to try that as well. Thanks!
You're welcome! nice to hear your feedback. I already have the layout for a looper. Layout 6 will have all the looper functions on the bottom knobs. I could add the link on the Effects layout.

Please don’t type in all caps. It is considered yelling, and is actually very hard to read. Thank you.

I understand you may be using a translator, but please don’t paste in all caps.

Hi all,

Go to FM3_Edit and do an import all layouts of the attached file and give it a go! ;-)
Next to that the startup-layout of the FM3 should be 8, and the one for the FC6 should be 1.
Thanks for posting this! I tried finding a way to import the file you attached, but I don't see where this is done in FM3-Edit. After reading the manuals for the FM3 and FM-6 I did not see anything regarding importing layouts. As a last resort I went to Fractal-Bot but it doesn't recognize the file you attached. Can you help?

Thanks for posting this! I tried finding a way to import the file you attached, but I don't see where this is done in FM3-Edit. After reading the manuals for the FM3 and FM-6 I did not see anything regarding importing layouts. As a last resort I went to Fractal-Bot but it doesn't recognize the file you attached. Can you help?
Hi There,

1. Launch FM3 Edit and press the FC Controllers button.
2. Use the “Import All Layouts” feature to load the file “FM9_Layout.fclayout”.
3. Installation is now complete! Please restart the FM3.

Good luck! Hope you like it ;-)

Nice thread… I was looking at my FM9 sitting beside my FM3+FC6 last night, thinking I’d really like to have my tweaked version of the OFM9G layout on the “smaller” rig.

As I worked on the layout there were some things that seemed to predispose the FM3 toward the OMG9 layout. I eventually backed myself into a corner with the path I was on, so I’m looking forward to seeing what the two layouts above do.

Hi all,

Thanks for the Layouts Maurice!
I've also added an "auto-scene-switch-function" so that the scenes are displayed directly after selecting a preset.
For each of the 5 presets -> "Layout Links" -> "Edit Links" -> Change to "Layout 2" and "View 1" for FM3, and "Layout 2" and "View 3" on FC#1

I'd like to configure my fm3+fc-6 to fm9 layouts. I follow what mentionned below but I have done something wrong cause the bottom line of switches are mirroring on fm3 and fc-6

I'm newbee to configure layouts

Actually use OMG9 +
dual Switch mosky (plugged in fm3)
+ 2 hotone soul press v2 expression pedals plugged in fc-6, firmware 6.02 and 1.12

Thanks for help

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom