FM9 FM9 Jr Blues and Dual JPIIC+ Amps Demo

I was just as impressed with the video quality as I was the tones and playing. Loved the clean background, the wider view and especially the opening slow push-in in. I commend your acute visual sensibilities as well. Nice job!

I was just as impressed with the video quality as I was the tones and playing. Loved the clean background, the wider view and especially the opening slow push-in in. I commend your acute visual sensibilities as well. Nice job!
Thanks! Had a lot of fun with this one. The unit is absolutely amazing and I tried to do it justice!

Why can’t I just be completely happy with my FM3!! The psychological effects of F.O.M.O. are difficult to put aside and just enjoy how truly amazing the FM3 still is. I’m not alone I know, but also love seeing what the FM9 can do, always love seeing your videos Cooper thanks! Your masterclasses are the greatest!

Can you upload this to axechange so I can try it when I get the unit?
These are the default FM9 factory "Jr. Blues" and "Petrucci Rig" presets together. I'm not with my units, but IIRC the two presets are both virtually identical in both the III and FM3. All of which is to say, if you have one of those units, you already have them! If the FM9 will be your first unit, congrats and welcome to the family. Both these presets will be in the unit when it arrives!

These are the default FM9 factory "Jr. Blues" and "Petrucci Rig" presets together. I'm not with my units, but IIRC the two presets are both virtually identical in both the III and FM3. All of which is to say, if you have one of those units, you already have them! If the FM9 will be your first unit, congrats and welcome to the family. Both these presets will be in the unit when it arrives!
Ahh cool yes I have fm3 but without fm9 I cannot
Blend them!

did you blend them or just switch between them?

Just switching between them.

Fwiw, you really could blend them on an FM3, though. Just use channels to combine the amp and cabinet blocks. The default scenes don't use any other blocks other than reverb on the Jr Blues and pitch on the Petrucci, if I remember correctly, but you could also easily add the chorus, delays, etc. from the other scenes, too. There is so much more possible "even" on the FM3 than I think most realize!

Just switching between them.

Fwiw, you really could blend them on an FM3, though. Just use channels to combine the amp and cabinet blocks. The default scenes don't use any other blocks other than reverb on the Jr Blues and pitch on the Petrucci, if I remember correctly, but you could also easily add the chorus, delays, etc. from the other scenes, too. There is so much more possible "even" on the FM3 than I think most realize!
Not sure what you mean exactly by combining amp and cabinet blocks on the fm3. How does one combine them? Do you mean just edit certain scenes to alternate between the amp/cabs ?

I misunderstood what you were asking by "blend." I am simply switching between two presets in the video. When I said you could easily "blend" those two together in the FM3, I meant "combine" them using channels and scenes so you wouldn't need to change presets.

So i just read the section on channels and I’m still not entirely sure what you were referring to. Is there a way to blend two different amps/cabs on the FM3 or did you mean just switching between them via channels and scenes?
I seem to remember, way back, someone doing this (blending 2 amps, we had 2 amps at a time way back with the AxeFX line)
Pretty sure they used an expression pedal to achieve this.
I could be mis-remembering the "blend thing" though-I am old :cool:

Back
Top Bottom