FM9: G66 availability & waitlist

WbbS

Experienced
I know, FM9 will only ship in US and Canada for now, but just to get an idea, maybe from someone who saw the release of FM3 or Axe Fx III, on average how long after release in US does G66 have availability to handle the European waitlist?

Difficult to say, as there not many examples of this happening before, but I was on the G66 waitlist 1.5 hours after it was announced on here, so will post in here once I get an invite to purchase email.

Difficult to say, as there not many examples of this happening before, but I was on the G66 waitlist 1.5 hours after it was announced on here, so will post in here once I get an invite to purchase email.
I’m on the list since the day after…Let’s see.

I was curious to know how long it took since day 1 in US to day 1 in EU for the FM3. Just to have a vague idea.

Anyway, after almost 4 years of waiting list for the KoT I’m prepared to everything.

Last edited:
FWIW, I got on the "list" for the FM3 the night it was announced. At that point a waitlist for Europe didn´t exist. IIRC I waited for over one year.

Edit: of course, all of this does not have to apply for the FM9

Last edited:
Email sent
Sent.JPG

Automatic reply: FM9 waitlist
aaa - Copy.JPG

And as always, I am not in a hurry (AF3 MKII owner).

Last edited:
It won't be as long as the FM3 as that had a few problems and Fractal are already shipping units in the US

I'm expecting G66 to start getting them in the new year

I wrote them on the 27.8 20:30PM and got a reply the next day ~11:30AM. We'll see. I'm not in a hurry (yet impatient ;) )

It won't be as long as the FM3 as that had a few problems and Fractal are already shipping units in the US

I'm expecting G66 to start getting them in the new year
Same. I've waited 1.5yrs or something like that for the FM3 but I suspect things will be much quicker now.

Email sent on 27/8 at 19:07 CEST, reply received on 28/8 at 11:13.
Can't wait!
Same here, email sent on the 27/8. Also got my reply on the 28/8 at 11am GMT. Can't wait either. So tempted to sell my FM3 right now and use my Axe III for gigs etc but I'm gonna hang on to it for now. I did buy another Temple Audio board already for the FM9. I just want to be prepared for when it turns up!

I really hope they start shipping in Europe before xmas. Let's hope so anyway!

G66 is the european supplier, so how will not knowing which country I live in confuse people?
I didn't say "country", I said "region".

Different suppliers handle different regions of the world. And, if you say you got on a waitlist or get a purchase invitation without specifying the region it confuses those people in other regions, because each region's supplier handles it differently. G66 handles the EU and FAS handles the US and Canada, but during the FM3 wait, people from other regions were saying they got on their list but the dates and times made no sense until they'd say where they were located.

People, especially new members, don't know how forums work or ignore the titles of the threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ole
I didn't say "country", I said "region".

Different suppliers handle different regions of the world. And, if you say you got on a waitlist or get a purchase invitation without specifying the region it confuses those people in other regions, because each region's supplier handles it differently. G66 handles the EU and FAS handles the US and Canada, but during the FM3 wait, people from other regions were saying they got on their list but the dates and times made no sense until they'd say where they were located.

People, especially new members, don't know how forums work or ignore the titles of the threads.
Dont worry, us Europeans are well educated. I dont see all the americans in the main waitlist thread (Which I assume is actually the USA waitlist thread) stating they come from US of A ;)

Dont worry, us Europeans are well educated. I dont see all the americans in the main waitlist thread (Which I assume is actually the USA waitlist thread) stating they come from US of A ;)

Yes, it's the US and Canada waitlist. The email address in the FM9 announcement and on the FM9 product page is for those who are in the FAS region. The announcement doesn't say it explicitly but the product page says it clearly:

AVAILABILITY: The FM9 is now shipping in the United States and Canada. Due to incredible demand during a global semiconductor shortage, we are employing a first-come first-serve waitlist. To be notified when an FM9 is available for you, please send an email to waitlist@fractalaudio.com with the subject "FM9 Wait List". We will notify you when your name comes to the top of the list. Because there are many variables, we are not able to estimate how long the wait will be. If you have any questions, please contact sales@fractalaudio.com

A NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: This wait list is for the US and CANADA only. Customers in other regions should contact one of our global dealers.

Yes, it's the US and Canada waitlist. The email address in the FM9 announcement and on the FM9 product page is for those who are in the FAS region. The announcement doesn't say it explicitly but the product page says it clearly:

No it doesnt, but we europeans are ok, we will understand what this thread is about. Perhaps @Gl4th can change the title to "FM9: G66 Europe availability & waitlist" to avoid any confused ROW region people? ;)

1631734795479.png

Got on the G66 list on 28/8 7:22 and got an automatic response at 28/8 7:41.

I just assume that it stated „Automatic Reply: FM9“ for all others in the thread, or am I missing an E-Mail?

No, mine was a written email reply (so had same title as my initial email to waitlist @g66.eu) to my email answering my questions on availability from sussi.

Back
Top Bottom