FM9: G66 availability & waitlist

IMG_20220630_212649.jpg

If you slide it over a bit, you can fit one of these nifty TallTimbers sliders next to it, or a Mosky dual switch sideways....
How did you make the switches on the board? Are they just drilled holes and then mounted there? How are they wired underneath?

How did you make the switches on the board? Are they just drilled holes and then mounted there? How are they wired underneath?
And what do they control? as the FM3 will only allow 3 external switches, and only 1 if you're using two expression sliders.

Not to take away Joe's thunder...but IIRC, one needs to build (solder) Normally Closed or Normally Open Momentary Stand-In switches (available here: https://lovemyswitches.com/categories/switches/foot-switches/soft-click-soft-touch.html ) and wire them to ¼" TS plugs with standard instrument cable.

Joe uses a midi box router for (most) all of his switches (check with Joe regards this). Once you get the hang of soldering, you learn a technique that will serve you well towards the future.

The Temple Audio board already has perforated holes in the surface that accepts the switch shafts. The switches attach via nuts, but it makes good sense to place large washers top/bottom to provide a secure surface for the nuts to attach. The instrument switch cable is secured via zip tie thru the perforated board surface.

My board has a couple of stand-in switches and utilizes finishing washers from LoveMySwitches (held tight by a touch of Loc-Tite [blue bottle]) and these: https://barefootbuttons.com/product/v1big-bore-silver/ The Big Bore buttons are the only ones that will fit LoveMySwitches, although there may be others online I'm not aware of.

Only board mod needed was a drilling out of one of the larger access perf wells to accommodate where the IEC power cable poked thru. If you're planning on maintaining the integrity of the board, no drilling is required. Below are also images of how my board went together...

Here's what my finished board looks like:

O5rkV7x.jpg

vMPVEFf.jpg

DHKQ2DP.jpg

7Vag7NA.jpg

My board built a power source circuit box underneath to allow for both the StroboStomp and FM9. If you 're not planning on adding any additional powered effects, the circuit box is unnecessary, but may require some design/cable length considerations as to where you place your switches and/or expression pedals.

Last edited:
Temple boards have a staggered pattern of wider holes for passing cables under the board. Those fit stomp switches nicely if you use oversized washers.

Here's what the switches look like underneath:
0702221101.jpg

0702221101a.jpg

The three single mono-jack switches go to the three expression jacks on the FM9.
The two stereo-jack switch pairs go to the ExpressionIO MIDI CC box.
The two TallTimbers faders also go to the same ExpressionIO box, as it supports a pair of switches or a single pot per jack, and has four jacks....

Temple boards have a staggered pattern of wider holes for passing cables under the board. Those fit stomp switches nicely if you use oversized washers.

Here's what the switches look like underneath:
0702221101.jpg

0702221101a.jpg

The three single mono-jack switches go to the three expression jacks on the FM9.
The two stereo-jack switch pairs go to the ExpressionIO MIDI CC box.
The two TallTimbers faders also go to the same ExpressionIO box, as it supports a pair of switches or a single pot per jack, and has four jacks....
Although I don't recall the washer size, a 1-¼ or 1-½" OD with ¼" ID sounds about right. I'd need to verify to be sure.

Joe, you did a much better job with the solder jack receptacle than I'd ever imagined doing. TBH, it was a bit of trial and error to get things working correctly, but as they say, we're only tourists until we find a place to call home...

Last edited:
Those are going thru existing larger holes in Temple boards. The switch and a couple washers mounted directly thru the board surface.

I stole @Joe Bfstplk's idea of using 14g bare wire to solder the jack directly to the switch.

Both of us use the small AudioFront Expression I/O midi box underneath to get additional expression and/or switch jacks.

Edit:

Not sure how I missed that he already replied... :(

I've started to wonder: are the FM9s we're going to receive any different from the ones of the first batch @Admin M@ ? (Like the first FM3s without headphone output)

Those TallTimber sliders look nice. I expected them to be expensive but the price is reasonable.

I'm taking another route: I've ordered the world's smallest expresion pedal (pic below). It plugs right into the port without taking up real estate. If I like it, I'll order two more and have manual control over parameters at my feet.

View attachment 104286
will you give us a review of this when you get it please? Looks very useful.

Reactions: yek
Those TallTimber sliders look nice. I expected them to be expensive but the price is reasonable.

I'm taking another route: I've ordered the world's smallest expresion pedal (pic below). It plugs right into the port without taking up real estate. If I like it, I'll order two more and have manual control over parameters at my feet.

View attachment 104286
Ooh, now THAT looks interesting …. Will be checking that out for sure. What a great idea!

Hi everyone. I just signed up for the waiting list. Can you guys give me some idea how long it took you to wait. Just to have an idea…

Hi everyone. I just signed up for the waiting list. Can you guys give me some idea how long it took you to wait. Just to have an idea…
Hi. There’s been no deliveries to Europe yet (apart from freebies given to beta testers/freeloaders/“influencers”). So we can’t give you any sensible estimate. The first batch arrives in a few weeks (after a years wait), but don’t know how big the batch is and how long the current waitlist is.

I’m in the exact same situation. As far as I know, G66 plans to start shipping in August.

Back
Top Bottom