Not a Bug FM9 Forgets Bypass State

Confirmed that this works.
Apparently not a bug, just built into the way presets are saved.
Lessons learned:
Save the scenes in what you want to be the default bypass state before turning on Scene Ignore. This applies to channels as well.

The intention of the scene ignore feature is: the channel state of a block should be outside of the scene system. Bypassing a block that has scene ignore turned on is an odd use case and I'm not even sure how that should work. Maybe the bypass state shouldn't be ignored when changing scenes. Or maybe bypass should be disabled when scene ignore is turned on. That would probably be preferable to getting the bypass surprises you've observed when restoring a preset.

The intention of the scene ignore feature is: the channel state of a block should be outside of the scene system. Bypassing a block that has scene ignore turned on is an odd use case and I'm not even sure how that should work. Maybe the bypass state shouldn't be ignored when changing scenes. Or maybe bypass should be disabled when scene ignore is turned on. That would probably be preferable to getting the bypass surprises you've observed when restoring a preset.
I’m not sure that is true… it seems like it would be common to want to be able to use drives as instant access and wet FX controlled by scenes…
Either way I like the way that I can bypass FX that are on scene ignore. I was just expecting the bypass state would be the same as when the preset was saved.

I’m not sure that is true… it seems like it would be common to want to be able to use drives as instant access and wet FX controlled by scenes…
Either way I like the way that I can bypass FX that are on scene ignore. I was just expecting the bypass state would be the same as when the preset was saved.

That's a reasonable way to use it, but the fact you're the first person to notice this speaks to whether it's an unusual use case or not :). In any case, you're right, it's a bug that deserves attention. As a matter of principle, you shouldn't get surprises like that when restoring a preset.

That's a reasonable way to use it, but the fact you're the first person to notice this speaks to whether it's an unusual use case or not :). In any case, you're right, it's a bug that deserves attention. As a matter of principle, you shouldn't get surprises like that when restoring a preset.
My case is definitely not the norm as I only have one block that is NOT set to scene ignore.
I’m weird like that I guess.

Back
Top Bottom