FM9 For Bass Guitar? Thoughts and Suggestions?

shawnfitz1222

Inspired
I saw that @Cooper Carter posted a video on YouTube that covers using Fractal (FM9) for acoustic guitar. Has @Cooper Carter or @austinbuddy done anything for bass guitar? I have a few upcoming situations that I need to play bass guitar for and was wondering they or anything has suggestions or presets for that?

Have a nice weekend y'all!

Shawn

Check out the preset from Dr. Bonkers (preset attached in the linked post).

@Budda & @RevDrucifer Here's some preset I threw together that gives you 8 scenes of variations with the crossover block, drives, and even a DI that is engaged in some scenes.

I put a volume block before the multiple paths. In case your pickups are way hotter than mine, you reduce the gain to everything so that you can get something other than blazing distortion.

I used my FM3 for bass all the time (with the Powerstage 200 into a 1x15 or 2x10 cab) with excellent results. I sold my Mesa WD800 after I got my FM3/Powerstage. I intend to do the same now with my FM9. As mentioned, check out the Austin Buddy bass presets. They sound fantastic and there are many options.

@shawnfitz1222

Hi, I'm working to get an FM9 compatible version of the 200+ Bass TonePack available, probably by the end of next week - goal is to complete before I head out on vacation for a few weeks.

Once done, when you buy it, you will see folders in zip file for the Axe-FX III, FM9, and FM3 (you get versions for all three/each).
I did buy the FM3 live gold. I don't play bass too often, I am helping out a friend, but will check out your stuff when it becomes available.

Back
Top Bottom