FM9 Firmware Version 4.00 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what they say. Plenty of people were using the previous version without issue.

Yes, it was updated for this beta. That doesn't mean that people having problems is because they were using the older version.

Changes to firmware that require updates to the editor are when new controls are added, like Overdrive Volume or Plate Suppressor Diodes or when things change like the Ideal controls.
Does not mean they are not either. That is why we are testing it. Right?
The number of issues that have occurred because someone was not running the latest version of the editor is pretty high.
So how about we just encourage some best practices?

Possible bug?

Using most current OS Beta 2 and editor 1.01.04, switching scenes with an overdriven amp that contains a drive that consists of a Face Fuzz imparts a noticeable pop or click during switching...Hard Fuzz does not do the same...

Was using a Cameron CCV 2A and added a Face Fuzz in scene 4...switching from scene 3 to 4 the noticeable pop could be heard...

Here's my preset with Hard Fuzz, swapping out the Hard Fuzz for Fuzz Face produces the switching pop noise:
Can't check the preset atm but is the input impedance set to auto? And does the pop goes away if you set it to a fixed value?

Can't check the preset atm but is the input impedance set to auto? And does the pop goes away if you set it to a fixed value?
I've not checked just yet...are you speaking about the input block, or the fuzz block? Will need to wait until Friday to verify...too much on my plate just now...

I've not checked just yet...are you speaking about the input block, or the fuzz block? Will need to wait until Friday to verify...too much on my plate just now...
Yes, the setting is in the input block but when set to auto it is affected by the first active block on the same line, and the fuzz face basically sets it to 22k, so a little pop is to be expected when the impedance switches.

Yes, the setting is in the input block but when set to auto it is affected by the first active block on the same line, and the fuzz face basically sets it to 22k, so a little pop is to be expected when the impedance switches.
Is there a way of reducing/eliminating the pop? Other than strictly using Hard Fuzz?

My signal path is Input > Comp (Not Active w/ Drive) > Drive (Incl. Hard Fuzz) > Amp > Etc.

Is there a way of reducing/eliminating the pop? Other than strictly using Hard Fuzz?

My signal path is Input > Comp (Not Active w/ Drive) > Drive (Incl. Hard Fuzz) > Amp > Etc.
If that's actually the cause just set input impedance to a fixed value, choose 1M or the one that sounds best to you.

It says: "FM9 Firmware Version 4.00 public beta 2 is now available for download:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm9/4p0/fm9_dsp_rel_4p00_beta_2.syx

The same version of FM9-Edit as used with firmware 4.00 public beta 1 is used, 1.01.03:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-edit-1-01-03-to-support-fw-4-00-public-beta-1.189064/"

So where are you seeing edit 1.01.04? If it is available, can someone send a link?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-edit-1-01-04-to-support-fw-4-00-public-beta-2.189390/

I didn't read through the whole FM9 edit parts, but I did roll back to FW 3 and no issue when using USB audio or anything cutting out now. I will try later on tonight to download the beta 2 and the latest edit, as I was using the same edit from beta 1.

The unit is freezing now with beta on a preset that worked fine before. New to the forum so sorry if this isn't the place.
I was using the preset fine with earlier firmware, now it freezes though it passes audio and the meters still move but for minutes at a time the unit will be unresponsive to buttons. Should I go back to the earlier firmware or is there some trouble shooting I should do?

Attachments

• Apple synths_20221201_172615.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Why are you being so disrespectful?
Perhaps you should take the your bad attitude to the gearpage forum?
I'm not being disrespectful at all. I'm asking a question.

You are making a claim and I'm trying to understand the basis of your claim.

I have seen nothing posted in this thread that indicates a problem due to "the wrong version of the editor".

I have seen quite a few fixed by Refresh After Firmware Update, but that's a different thing.

I'm not being disrespectful at all. I'm asking a question.

You are making a claim and I'm trying to understand the basis of your claim.

I have seen nothing posted in this thread that indicates a problem due to "the wrong version of the editor".

I have seen quite a few fixed by Refresh After Firmware Update, but that's a different thing.
I am provided a tried-and-true solution for many of the beta's I have run over the many years of owning Fractal gear.

I am provided a tried-and-true solution for many of the beta's I have run over the many years of owning Fractal gear.
I'm not quite sure what you’re trying to say?

I've also run many, many betas myself since 2013, including private FM9 betas as part of the FM9 beta team where often there's no updated editor.

Edit:

Reading your post again, I think you're meaning that historically there have been problems because of people not running a proper version of the editor?

If that's the case then I see where we maybe getting our wires crossed as I've been interpreting your posts to be about this specific beta release...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom