FM9 Firmware Version 4.00 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of my presets are dual amps. I gigged mine this past Friday just as these reports of odd noise started happening. Can't say I heard anything along those lines to report. Honestly I was mostly geeking out over hearing my presets on the new firmware, which sounded righteous. Even my band mates noticed.

I'll be keeping an ear out for this noise though.

I just sent a support ticket in for a possible bug in FM9 FW4 Beta 1. I did a gig with the FM9 Wednesday night with no issues. First gig with it so I took mental notes on some tweaks that needed to be made before tonights gig. While making those tweaks this morning the unit suddenly stopping putting out audio via SPDIF. The XLR's were not connected so I don't know if they were affected. All cables were connected, interface and iMac settings were correct so I power cycled the FM9. That worked. I just updated to Beta 2 and will be using the unit most of today...
Anybody else running FW4 Beta 1 have this issue?
I think I’ve had this since I got the unit on FW3.
It’s not common to the point of being a problem but sometimes, more often than I would like I’ll get no sound from the FM9. I think it’s linked to the Mac sleeping or the unit or computer not being used for a time.
Next time it happens try rebooting your interface instead of the FM9, sometimes that works.
I can’t get the FM9 To sync up with my interface over spdif. If I do then the sound cuts out every few seconds.

Just checked my front panel meters with my only dual amp rig, utilizing most recent releases FM9 v. 4.00 Beta 2 & FM9-Edit v. 1.01.04...

No ambient noise coming through the FM9 (perhaps because my StrobStomp was active). Rechecked FM9 w/o the Strobo...still no metered noise...

Amp models used: Band-Commander & Two Rock J35. No noise problem here.

I think I’ve had this since I got the unit on FW3.
It’s not common to the point of being a problem but sometimes, more often than I would like I’ll get no sound from the FM9. I think it’s linked to the Mac sleeping or the unit or computer not being used for a time.
Next time it happens try rebooting your interface instead of the FM9, sometimes that works.
I can’t get the FM9 To sync up with my interface over spdif. If I do then the sound cuts out every few seconds.
I had an email exchange with Matt from Fractal. He said the engineering dept wasn't aware of this issue or any fix for it in the latest firmware.
Unfortunately or fortunately I haven't been able to replicate the problem. In my case it only happened once while I was playing. No prolonged inactivity, sleep is turned off on my Mac, and the interface seemed fine. I played audio from you tube and Apple Music while trying to figure out the issue. The last thing I tried was power cycling the FM9 and that fixed it.
I updated to FW 4 Beta 2 shortly after having the problem...

An interesting thing (which @zionplayer also mentioned) is that after the noise is gone only power cycling will bring it back. Can confirm this.
Also of note - I can make it go away by changing Amp2 to a different model, but if I go to another patch with the buzz then back to the test patch, the buzz is back? Shot a quick video using my phone to see if that might help diagnose

Last edited:
Had a lockup today. First ever. Played a preset, used fm9edit to switch presets, got the "lost communication" message on fm9edit, waited but the unit was frozen. Reboot. All back to normal.

The FM9 firmware engineer @m_brown is closely reviewing this entire thread and looking at every issue. We already have a new private beta while work continues.
The original post needs to be updated with a link to the new FM9 Edit beta 1.01.04. I wonder if some of the issues are related to not running the latest FM9 Edit beta.

Possible bug?

Using most current OS Beta 2 and editor 1.01.04, switching scenes with an overdriven amp that contains a drive that consists of a Face Fuzz imparts a noticeable pop or click during switching...Hard Fuzz does not do the same...

Was using a Cameron CCV 2A and added a Face Fuzz in scene 4...switching from scene 3 to 4 the noticeable pop could be heard...

Here's my preset with Hard Fuzz, swapping out the Hard Fuzz for Fuzz Face produces the switching pop noise:

Attachments

• BC CCV2.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Twice in the last half hour the backing track audio I had playing through YouTube stopped. The video kept playing and the FM9 was still functioning, but no other audio. Connected via USB. FM9 was open, but minimized (not sure if that matters). I'm on beta 2. This happened on a preset I made and the Mr. Floyd preset.

Edit: 3 times now lol. I'm on a Windows 10 laptop.

Last edited:
The release notes for the FM9 Edit beta clearly calls out support for 4.0 public beta 2.
If you are running 4.0 Beta 2 you should install the current FM9 Edit beta 2 as well.
Actually no. If you look at the first page
"The same version of FM9-Edit as used with firmware 4.00 public beta 1 is used, 1.01.03"

The release notes for the FM9 Edit beta clearly calls out support for 4.0 public beta 2.
If you are running 4.0 Beta 2 you should install the current FM9 Edit beta 2 as well.
I know what they say. Plenty of people were using the previous version without issue.

Yes, it was updated for this beta. That doesn't mean that people having problems is because they were using the older version.

Changes to firmware that require updates to the editor are when new controls are added, like Overdrive Volume or Plate Suppressor Diodes or when things change like the Ideal controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom