FM9 Firmware Version 4.00 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we poll who has the FM9T or FM9, as well as who is utilizing what amp models that produce this bug? Just curious to see what amp models are being reported as bug issues.

Could we poll who has the FM9T or FM9, as well as who is utilizing what amp models that produce this bug? Just curious to see what amp models are being reported as bug issues.
FM9 Turbo. Noticed it most in Badger 18. Will report back if I get a chance to play some more today.

I haven't seen the issue yet. Regular fm9. My most used presets are kitchen sinks with 8 amps divided into the 2 amp blocks. Hbe, class a 30wtb, 5153 100w red, 6160, atomica high, silver v4, ac20, archean, archean bright..all seem fine so far. I have some with a mixer, some without.

I haven't seen the issue yet. Regular fm9. My most used presets are kitchen sinks with 8 amps divided into the 2 amp blocks. Hbe, class a 30wtb, 5153 100w red, 6160, atomica high, silver v4, ac20, archean, archean bright..all seem fine so far. I have some with a mixer, some without.
Have not seen any issue with my FM9 (not turbo) either. I've only one preset that utilizes dual amps and will verify Monday whether this is cropping up on mine or not as well. Best wishes FAS in solving this...

OK, definitely curious on this one. I use two amp setups all the time, sometimes one Amp on, sometimes both. Running FM9 4.0b2 - just came across something similar to this 'noise' on the 6G12 Concert amp for Amp2 block

Made a copy of the preset, deleted everything except Amp2 and it still has the background noise, according to the moving headroom meter (which I could also hear when I attached Out1 to Amp2)? When I do the same test but use Amp1, does not have this noise (ie - no dB showing in headroom meter)? Same if I have 2 amps in the preset, Amp1 - no noise, Amp2 has it (see second pic). Test Preset attached.

1669585089620.png1669585601924.png

Attachments

• Test.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
I just created a fresh preset to emulate your setup. I added the 6g12 concert to 2 amp blocks. Both have no noise and are at the -20.0db level. Then I downloaded your test preset and see the same. Both have no noise and are at -20db

Attachments

• 20221127_172344.jpg
    20221127_172344.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20221127_172320.jpg
    20221127_172320.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
I just created a fresh preset to emulate your setup. I added the 6g12 concert to 2 amp blocks. Both have no noise and are at the -20.0db level. Then I downloaded your test preset and see the same. Both have no noise and are at -20db

Its crazy, right? I just went back to that Preset 500, and no noise... turned my FM9 off, then back on - noise is back.

Here's a short recording (attachment), first half is with 4.00 beta 2, second with 3.01.

Here's what the preset looks like. It could be optimized by removing the active PEQ and using the one after the cab but that's not the point ;)

noisy preset_000000.jpeg

Attachments

• Fw 4 beta, then fw 3.01.mp3.zip
    425.5 KB · Views: 3
Here's a short recording (attachment), first half is with 4.00 beta 2, second with 3.01.

Here's what the preset looks like. It could be optimized by removing the active PEQ and using the one after the cab but that's not the point ;)

View attachment 111769
Are you able to view the noise on the amp threshold meter?

I didn't check that, but as its a static noise, and only when a note is played, I doubt that. I'm back to 3.01 as I have a rehearsal today.

I didn't check that, but as its a static noise, and only when a note is played, I doubt that. I'm back to 3.01 as I have a rehearsal today.
That seems different than what I'm experiencing... In my case, no input signal is required. The Amp block is generating the noise itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom