FM9 Firmware Version 2.01

Parallel should be mute in. Series should be mute fx in. Does changing that help?
The problem is, as I understand it, audio gets left in the delay or verb memory when you bypass the block, and maybe when you even change channels (not sure). Then, when you enable that block or channel later, the block outputs that audio like it would have had it been left active. Changing presets “zeros out” the memory, but changing scenes or disabling the block does not. This has been discussed in another thread previously, with really no good work-around.

The pitch block actually does the same thing. I have one scene that uses it for a crystals sound. Sometimes when I switch scenes the leftover crystals come spilling out. Awkward.

The problem is, as I understand it, audio gets left in the delay or verb memory when you bypass the block, and maybe when you even change channels (not sure). Then, when you enable that block or channel later, the block outputs that audio like it would have had it been left active. Changing presets “zeros out” the memory, but changing scenes or disabling the block does not. This has been discussed in another thread previously, with really no good work-around.

The pitch block actually does the same thing. I have one scene that uses it for a crystals sound. Sometimes when I switch scenes the leftover crystals come spilling out. Awkward.
This is exactly my issue. I haven't seen confirmation that fractal "stores" the spillover, but a few multi verb pedals do something similar, and would certainly be an explanation for the bug. I believe when spillover is enabled on the Big Sky for instance, it stores and loops a 2s trail when you swap to another verb. I currently have spillover set to ALL on preset changes and have the same issue when swapping presets.

Such bursts can indeed happen when the block's Output Level changes between scenes or presets. If possible, try to maintain the same output level, and use the block's Input Gain instead.

I’m running the Plex Delay in parallel so I don’t think that’s going to work.

I just had the weridest thing happen, the fm9 went dead silent. No sound at all, twisted knobs, reopened and closed editor. Restarting the unit fixed it, but that was not cool.
Happened to me last night. I was loading some presets and it went silent. I thought maybe there was something with the preset so I switched back to a known good one and still nothing. I restarted and all was good.

This is exactly my issue. I haven't seen confirmation that fractal "stores" the spillover, but a few multi verb pedals do something similar, and would certainly be an explanation for the bug. I believe when spillover is enabled on the Big Sky for instance, it stores and loops a 2s trail when you swap to another verb. I currently have spillover set to ALL on preset changes and have the same issue when swapping presets.
This is the thread I was referring to:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/delay-repeat-clearing.148522/

Possible bug: Last night made a basic single-chain preset with Comp>Amp>Cab>Reverb and was just testing out different reverbs, after the 5th or 6th swap the Reverb block just stopped working, it would let me select other Reverbs and bypass on/off even replacing it with a shunt and then adding the block back - Reverb was gone entirely. Comp>Amp>Cab blocks were not affected.

I tried resolving in FM9 edit as well as directly on the unit - changed to a different preset and it worked fine. 🤷‍♂️

Do various tube swaps require any modification of bias? If yes, how does a novice accomplish this task, or more accurately, what preferred settings might the more experienced tweaker utilize?
I know it has been mentioned several times , but I would love Fractal , to add the power tube match , auth/ideal
so that it changes all the LF HF , NFB etc when you change swap tubes
I know the fear is people presets being broken , ( but that seems to happen anyhow ) and if you don't want to use it just leave it off and the default will be ideal , but for the who want to hear the differences and don't mind re tweaking have the Authentic behaviour as an off /off switch
I think that would be really cool

also a few more preamp tube options like new mullard C4004

Back
Top Bottom