FM9 Firmware Version 2.01 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you experiencing slow backups, can you please let us know anything else that might be helpful, such as whether you're using Mac or Windows, whether you updated from 1.0>2.01 or 2.0>2.01, how the FM9 USB is connected (direct, adapter, hub, etc.), and anything else that seems like it might be important.

Mine took a long time to backup.I didn't time it though, but way over 15 minutes. Mac OS 12.1 on a 2018 iMac 3.4 quad core i5 16gb ram hybrid HD, usb direct to the FM9. I did forget to put it on an empty preset. 2.0-2.01

Backup and update went off without a hitch for me. A bit slower than my Axe-III using the same computer peripherals, but nothing egregious.

Mac mini --> Sabrent USB Hub --> FM9
Still on Big Sur (11.6)
M1 processor (2020)
16GB Memory

For those of you experiencing slow backups, can you please let us know anything else that might be helpful, such as whether you're using Mac or Windows, whether you updated from 1.0>2.01 or 2.0>2.01, how the FM9 USB is connected (direct, adapter, hub, etc.), and anything else that seems like it might be important.
2.0 to 2.01 USB direct to HP PC running Windows 10.

I’ll attempt another backup today to see if it takes as long again, but if it does I’m aborting so I can go back to playing!

Possible bug, though it existed in the last beta too. Or maybe it's normal. Changing scenes when on the global performance page causes multiple dropouts in sound. It sounds like when you apply a change to all scenes in the block menu while a note is ringing out. Does it every time, and only on global perform page, which I would like to have open while practicing with the band and sound checks. I need to fire up my AF3 to see if it does it too, but I don't think it does.

Which controls did you put on the Performance page?

For those upgrading from previous beta, have you noticed any of the cloud style reverbs changing (in this case nimbostratus) and sounding more metallic, almost like a hint of old spring reverb in it? Maybe it was just my ears yesterday. I just don’t remember my presets sounding that way. I’ve also tried building a new preset but the same behavior exists. If there is a parameter I am missing that will smooth that out, that would be great.

For those upgrading from previous beta, have you noticed any of the cloud style reverbs changing (in this case nimbostratus) and sounding more metallic, almost like a hint of old spring reverb in it? Maybe it was just my ears yesterday. I just don’t remember my presets sounding that way. I’ve also tried building a new preset but the same behavior exists. If there is a parameter I am missing that will smooth that out, that would be great.
I just went to 2.01 from 1.0 and my Wet-ish reverb I made with Coliseum is quite different, and not in a very pleasant way.

2.0 to 2.01 USB direct to HP PC running Windows 10.

I’ll attempt another backup today to see if it takes as long again, but if it does I’m aborting so I can go back to playing!

@Admin M@ --after updating, did a complete backup in about 7 minutes this morning. No idea why the first one took 3 hours!

I just went to 2.01 from 1.0 and my Wet-ish reverb I made with Coliseum is quite different, and not in a very pleasant way.
I reverted back to previous beta and the verbs sound better. Will stay for now but would be nice to see if others experience the same thing...enough to get that fixed in final release, although I know this one is close to public.

Great LT video showcasing the added features. My issues with FM9 Edit speed will now disappear. Haven't seen any issues of the occasional freeze at startup reported yet.
Of all the times to leave my FM9 at the rehearsal studio, this update won't happen until next week.

Maybe check the pitch shifting settings in your reverbs? Possibly somehow related to this:
New pitch shifting capability inside the Reverb Block. This can be used to create “Shimmer” more easily than using separate Pitch and Reverb blocks—and with less CPU usage. Several new types demonstrate this capability.

Edit:

Did both of you guys come from 1.0 to 2.01?

If so, maybe try 1.00 to 2.00 to see if you have the same thing. In that case it may be related to the jump from 1.0...

Would help identify the issue.

Last edited:
BUG? - In FM9-Edit - In the AMP - Input EQ section. Double click on the "High Cut" and it goes to 200.0 Hz (min). It should go to 20000 Hz (max), right?

EDIT: IGNORE THIS. I posted this in the FM9-Edit forum.

Last edited:
BUG? - In FM9-Edit - In the AMP - Input EQ section. Double click on the "High Cut" and it goes to 200.0 Hz (min). It should go to 20000 Hz (max), right?
I saw that the other day on 2.00b...

But that would be FM9-Edit, not firmware. And not just the most recent one because I haven't updated yet.

I suggest posting in the editor thread...

Maybe check the pitch shifting settings in your reverbs? Possibly somehow related to this:

Edit:

Did both of you guys come from 1.0 to 2.01?

If so, maybe try 1.00 to 2.00 to see if you have the same thing. In that case it may be related to the jump from 1.0...

Would help identify the issue.
I went from 2.0 to the newest beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom