FM9 Firmware Version 2.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen it as a confirmed problem for ALL users, but does Fractal know of the spillover bug on select reverbs and delays?

I came across a little bug on the hardware unit with this latest update. One the unit, I was changing cab impedance in the advanced tab of the amp block because I was experimenting with different IRs, but I noticed when I was going to look at it again before shutting off the unit, there was no text in the impedance curve spot, so I couldn’t see what it was. However, the sound Does change, it’s just that you have no idea what they are because the text disappears. Turning off the unit fixes it, but thought I’d see if anyone else noticed anything similar or if/where I should report that. :)

EDIT: a little update; this happened to me again when doing this all on the front screen of the FM9 later after my initial findings. I’m not sure the exact steps (I’ll try to replicate it), but upon changing the impedance curve, changing cabs, amps, etc, going back to the impedance curve, the text disappears, so you don’t know what is currently selected and what you are changing it to. The only option is turn off the FM9 and turn it back on. Once again, this is all done on the unit; no FM9 edit.

Last edited:
I came across a little bug on the hardware unit with this latest update. One the unit, I was changing cab impedance in the advanced tab of the amp block because I was experimenting with different IRs, but I noticed when I was going to look at it again before shutting off the unit, there was no text in the impedance curve spot, so I couldn’t see what it was. However, the sound Does change, it’s just that you have no idea what they are because the text disappears. Turning off the unit fixes it, but thought I’d see if anyone else noticed anything similar or if/where I should report that. :)

EDIT: a little update; this happened to me again when doing this all on the front screen of the FM9 later after my initial findings. I’m not sure the exact steps (I’ll try to replicate it), but upon changing the impedance curve, changing cabs, amps, etc, going back to the impedance curve, the text disappears, so you don’t know what is currently selected and what you are changing it to. The only option is turn off the FM9 and turn it back on. Once again, this is all done on the unit; no FM9 edit.
Hi,
This has been fixed. The next firmware version release will correct this.
Thanks.

Hi all, I am going to be reamping for a project tonight and was thinking I may want the latest and greatest FAS modeling for my FM9, I am still on the FW it came with. I looked at the known issues list and these are the ones that concern me

-AMP effect transformer turns ratio impact is too low in power amp calculation.

-AMP Input EQ and Speaker graphs do not update automatically when effect channel is changed.

More so worried about the transformer setting, does it negatively impact the tone? Is there a workaround?

Finally what's the consensus, is it worth the update?

Hi all, I am going to be reamping for a project tonight and was thinking I may want the latest and greatest FAS modeling for my FM9, I am still on the FW it came with. I looked at the known issues list and these are the ones that concern me

-AMP effect transformer turns ratio impact is too low in power amp calculation.

-AMP Input EQ and Speaker graphs do not update automatically when effect channel is changed.

More so worried about the transformer setting, does it negatively impact the tone? Is there a workaround?

Finally what's the consensus, is it worth the update?

That was fixed for 2.01beta2

I think it’s worth it to update now but if you’re reamping, you could always update and change the finished product later haha.

FM9 Firmware Version 2.01 public beta 2 is now available for download:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm9/2p0/fm9_dsp_rel_2p01_beta_2.zip

A new version of FM9-Edit is required for use with this release:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-edit-1-00-05-to-support-fw-2-01-public-beta-2.183045/

This beta release contains corrections for issues discovered in the 2.01 beta 1 firmware dated 3/31/2022.
Does this have the new manage set list , like they just released for the 3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom