FM9 Firmware Version 2.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I meant footswitch layouts. I wanted a custom preset with a looper block to be saved with the #5 Looper layout and another custom preset to be saved with the #2 Scenes layout.
Presets can't call up layouts automatically. It's always been that way.

You can, however, use Layout Links to pull up a layout when you stomp on a footswitch. If you put a Layout Link on the footswitch that calls up the preset, then you can get the layout you want.

Man, does this sound AND FEEL great! With the CPU savings I was able to turn my Exciter in the cab block back on, and the notes are just jumping off the fretboard. Have so far been hesitant to sell my FXIII as it was just better, but I think this release has me about convinced the FM9 can be my prime unit.

If FAS wants to show off some real voodoo magic beyond this one, how can we get Fullres in the FM9! :D That would be Holy grail time for us IEM users
(BTW - I am halfway kidding - Fullres pegged my FXIII Mark 1 CPU so I get the issue, but you have done the impossible before...so there is a challenge for you)

Last edited:
Man, does this sound AND FEEL great! With the CPU savings I was able to turn my Exciter in the cab block back on, and the notes are just jumping off the fretboard. Have so far been hesitant to sell my FXIII as it was just better, but I think this release has me about convinced the FM9 can be my prime unit.

If FAS wants to show off some real voodoo magic beyond this one, how can we get Fullres in the FM9! :D That would be Holy grail time for us IEM users
(BTW - I am halfway kidding - Fullres pegged my FXIII Mark 1 CPU so I get the issue, but you have done the impossible before...so there is a challenge for you)
it has Ultrares

I installed the 2.01 beta 2. The only issue I noticed is that the scenes layout had swapped scene 2 for a duplicate of the scene 1. It was a quick fix. Otherwise everything appears to be operating properly.

Some of the drives sound off. FAS Boost and TSMod in particular sound dull. Nothing like they used to. Almost like the treble is way down but it's not.
Did a refresh after firmware update but no joy.

Fingers crossed! 🤞 Seems like a pretty smooth roll out so far!!! Thanks to fractal and all the public testers for their work and feedback! Might just have to load this one up this weekend.

I double checked and the firmware info in the utilities menu says it is 2.01 beta2 released April 8 2022.

My favorite improvement is that the tuner display is much smoother like it is on the Axe-FX III.
Did you skip beta 1? Just curious... Since the tuner changes were in that one as well. It's nice and zippy!

I loaded both and had no issues with scene switch assignments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom