FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the fm3 we've been able to make the secret push button selection that enables the updates and betas to be released. (Pushing 3 buttons together In a we will rock you beat, 3x's). This is not possible with the FM9, even if u could push all 9 button simultaneously it also has to be done 9x's. No alcohol or drugs have been used in this post.

I do not believe we are at the bottom of a priority list, just my guess is with so many FM3's out there, updates are getting pushed out to address minor defects and bring enhancements to keep the unit as the gold standard for portable floor peddles, all the while we FM9 users are patiently waiting
In other words…
Welcome to the bottom of the priority list.
:p

Must say, I find it odd that the FM9 was received with glowing reviews and aside from a couple physical component issues, seemed to be a pretty good success with everyone being content with what was coming out of it but now it’s inferior due to not being updated to the point people don’t want to use it.

It’s a new product with it‘s own programmer working on it in the midst of a stream of frequent III updates that they surely want to incorporate because if they don’t, the next beta/FW thread will be “I really wish it would be updated to have the same content as the III/FM3 but I guess this will be the redheaded stepchild Fractal product. F5 until it‘s equal.”. The FM3 has been around long enough so the people programming it are already familiar with the territory and surely some kind of workflow in place to translate the III updates to it, so I don’t expect them to level out with updates until they figure out that workflow for the FM9.

If this were any other company aside from FAS, I’d be skeptical myself, but after nearly 20 years of relentless updates and making good on their word, I‘ve got no complaints. Even after experiencing issues when I first installed the beta (which I’m currently gigging with).

We're just not a revenue stream right now.

Fm9 support/improvements will lag until product ships again even though I'm confident at some point soon we will get a firmware update.

I've just stowed mine away in the meantime and am enjoying the new goodies in my Axe III. Sorry for those who can't do the same.

Was lucky enough to get the fm9 pretty early on and I’m using mine, & loving mine. The beta Hasn’t effected my live use of it. They’ll make good on an awesome fw release. Not everyone is comfortable enough gigging a beta and I get that. Hopefully it’ll happen soon.

I love Fractal and have no doubt that Fractal is one of the very best at the game. Forgive me for saying this but this has gotten old. I may go back to my pedalboard with my Strymon Iridium for a while. Or sell the FM9, get huge cash and buy 2 FM3's? One for amps and cabs and the other for effects? Just brainstorming...🤔 😂🤣 Happy Straturday!
I'll just quote myself from a month ago:
I choose to think of it this way: those few of us lucky enough to have one to be waiting on a FW update are way ahead of the many who want an FM9 and can't get one at all.

I suspect that the FM9 is probably currently lowest priority just based on number of units in the wild versus the Axe Fx III and FM3...
What exactly are the "issues" you are facing that have you considering selling the unit? There are very few minor "functional" items and aside from those, mine works quite nicely.

I don't think I've read anything anywhere on these forums suggesting the FM9 suffers, or is inferior in any way due to anything. Including the alleged lack of firmware updates. I have been a Fractal user long enough to appreciate that their firmware updates are one of the very few things in life that can make it feel like the holiday season, or one's birthday whenever they get released. I think most of us are fully aware of where we're currently at in the Fractal food chain. I check this thread regularly just to find out if they've thrown us a bone or not. Sooner or later they will, but soon is such a relative term these days.

For some of us (myself included), FM9 is all we've got. I don't have an AXFXIII (something I may correct someday). So it can be a bit disheartening when we read about other products getting more attention than ours. I actually do get it, and I also get why. It's not a crime to be jonesing for a Spring time treat for my favorite piece of gear. It's big part of the fun of being in the Fractal tribe. It'll happen. Soon -ish.

I've just stowed mine away in the meantime and am enjoying the new goodies in my Axe III. Sorry for those who can't do the same.

I don't have an AXFXIII (something I may correct someday). So it can be a bit disheartening when we read about other products getting more attention than ours.
It's funny... I have an Axe Fx III as well as an FM9.

My Axe Fx has NOT been updated to the latest because I've been trying to "live" in the FM9 as it's now my gigging platform. The Axe Fx has stayed mostly unused since I got the FM9.

Do I wish for the same updates? Yes! But I'm still very happy with where the FM9 is...

It's funny... I have an Axe Fx III as well as an FM9.

My Axe Fx has NOT been updated to the latest because I've been trying to "live" in the FM9 as it's now my gigging platform. The Axe Fx has stayed mostly unused since I got the FM9.

Do I wish for the same updates? Yes! But I'm still very happy with where the FM9 is...

I’m in the same boat but mostly out of laziness; my III is in my studio and my FM9 rig is in the living room. Why walk 15 feet to the studio when I can sit on my fat ass eating burritos and randomly picking up my guitar between binge watching Killing Eve? :D

I’m still somewhere in the 18.xx in the III, if I remember right.

Back in the AxeII days, I had 2 external switches connected to the MFC where one was defined as Vol inc' and the other as Vol dec'.
This has allowed me to decrease or increase the volume over the scene I was on and it also auto saved that.

FOOT CONTROLLER CHANGES
  • FC: New FC Function: “Scene Level & Save” increments or decrements the current SCENE LEVEL for selected output(s) and saves the preset.

So, is that the same or it works differently?
Is there a need to define a specific button for that?

Asking out of curiosity as I have not update the FW yet, prefer to wait for the final release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom