FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well so far QC is not impressing me at all.
I guess I just need the new FM9 firmware for my junkie fix.
QC is definitely going back or maybe I should sell it online, have you seen the prices they are asking??????!?! Band practice last night was killer with the whole band using Fractal, I converted my other guitarist and the bass player.

QC is definitely going back or maybe I should sell it online, have you seen the prices they are asking??????!?! Band practice last night was killer with the whole band using Fractal, I converted my other guitarist and the bass player.
Just curious. What was it that you didn't work with the QC?

Just curious. What was it that you didn't work with the QC?
For one thing it doesn't have enough tweaking features and I couldn't get a tight chunky sound like I like. Very few choices for amps. It sounded almost like I was playing from a recording. Record your guitar on an old 4-track and then that's the sound I was hearing when I played. Everything sounded too loose and buzzy/fizzy for me. I know some people like that but it's not for me.

Last edited:
For one thing it doesn't have enough tweaking features and I couldn't get a tight chunky sound like I like. Very few choices for amps. It sounded almost like I was playing from a recording. Record your guitar on an old 4-track and then that's the sound I was hearing when I played. Everything sounded to loose and buzzy/fizzy for me. I know some people like that but it's not for me.
I haven't had a chance to try one yet. I have heard a mix of good and bad so I was just curious what you thought.

I don't know if this was an issue before this firmware update, but if I assign a Per Preset as a Momentary Control Switch it won't work. Latching does though. Anyone else have that issue?

View attachment 93659

I've just discovered I have this same issue. I was trying to to control a flanger bypass with a momentary control switch (setup up just like you have it in the screen shot) and it doesn't work.

When you press and hold the switch the modifier it's attached to doesn't respond and there is no indication on the FM9 screen saying the CS switch is "On".

When I release the switch the screen displays that the CS switch is "Off", so it seems something is only responding to the transition from on/depressed to off/released and not when you press and hold the switch.

I can get the momentary CS switch to work properly if I configure it in the "Hold" function, but there is a slight time lag to detect the 'hold' so it's not ideal.

While searching the forum to try and resolve the issue I found a video where Leon Todd configures a momentary switch for a flanger the same way you do and that I tried to do today with no luck, so I'm sure this should be working as the configuration is correct....I eventually landed on your post which describes the same problem I'm experiencing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom