FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: a new round of private beta is scheduled to begin shortly. The performance improvements I mentioned last time are now in place and ready for thorough testing.
Thanks for the update! I love my FM9. V2.0 is working fine for me with slightly thinned down presets to still allow the editor to work. I'm REALLY stoked for the performance improvements, which I'm sure will allow the editor to work normally, and will hopefully allow me just a hair of headroom for the sometimes-needed extra block.

I don't remember the performance improvements ? is that like the second press last scene , preset etc or more of just an overall stability w Axedit ?

tumblr_najv7xGi3K1s2wio8o2_500.gif

It's been a tough couple past days. Trying to straighten out my mindset; sorry if your view does not match mine. Avoiding watching TV this evening, because that's a big part of the problem. When I feel more comfortable about not being catfished too much, perhaps I'll try offering some more constructive thoughts. Take care of yourselves for now.
Trying to find a head scratching emoji, this will have to do 🤔

Trying to find a head scratching emoji, this will have to do 🤔
It's OK, I'm really trying to not say more than necessary just now, but realize that trying to find peace and quiet is very elusive. I know what's supposed to happen, but I don't feel like being a pawn in someone else's game.

Update: a new round of private beta is scheduled to begin shortly. The performance improvements I mentioned last time are now in place and ready for thorough testing.
I'm excited about this one! My first gig since my accident is in 3 weeks, we had to cancel the last one because I was laid up with some minor injuries.

I have been gigging Beta 2.0 over the last 4-5 gigs with no issues. Sounds awesome.

Same here. It's been solid for me. I think I'm doing my 8th gig with mine this Saturday night. My first 2 or 3 gigs with it were with the v1 firmware.

In terms of audio comparisons between v1 & the latest v2 beta, I can't say I've heard anything any notably different, or inconsistent in terms of their relative audio quality. They've both been excellent for me, sound wise. I'm getting the best sounds I've ever had.

It doesn't take too long to see why the latest v2 is a beta when you're using it with the editor - it works good enough, but there are still some lag issues on my machine.

Same here. It's been solid for me. I think I'm doing my 8th gig with mine this Saturday night. My first 2 or 3 gigs with it were with the v1 firmware.

In terms of audio comparisons between v1 & the latest v2 beta, I can't say I've heard anything any notably different, or inconsistent in terms of their relative audio quality. They've both been excellent for me, sound wise. I'm getting the best sounds I've ever had.

It doesn't take too long to see why the latest v2 is a beta when you're using it with the editor - it works good enough, but there are still some lag issues on my machine.
I concur.

I have gigged with beta 2.0 and had no issues. Sound quality wise the only thing that really jumps out is the responsiveness of the virtual capo. I have to use it for one of the songs we plan and it is a pretty big difference between V1 and V2 Beta.

The editor stuff seems to vary for some of us depending on what you are running FM9 edit on. It can get a bit laggy for me but not enough to be a deal breaker. Aside from this and the choppy tuner it has worked well for me.

I gigged mine Tuesday night, no issues at all. I really haven’t had any issues since the last time I reinstalled the beta. Definitely no sluggish activity when changing presets/scenes.

One of our vocalists also plays a bit of rhythm guitar, this Sunday I’m going to run a 2nd amp/cab in the FM9 for her to go direct out of the PA with because all she has is this little shitty Acoustic (brand) amp that sounds like cardboard. Then we’ve got a gig on the beach right after practice…..which should be interesting. We’ll at least be on a cement picnic area, but I’m a bit nervous about how beach sand making it’s way on my pedalboard. We shall see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom