FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, I personally try to keep my CPU below 74% knowing of the dreaded red warning light that stops FM9 performance. Thankfully, I just don't use a kitchen sink preset that might bump things up to over that level, so no worries with lag time currently.

My honest advice is simply to create extra scenes with lower CPU draw instead of bundling them together with higher CPU. Problem solved.
Might seem like a simple solution, but not all people's needs and wants coincide with your logic. There are documented issues that the devs are working on that will hopefully solve a lot of these issues....

Might seem like a simple solution, but not all people's needs and wants coincide with your logic. There are documented issues that the devs are working on that will hopefully solve a lot of these issues....
I'd agree, but if Fractal can't solve the upper-range CPU red light/lag time issue immediately, my solution provides an alternative.

People can do what they want with the FM9 until they learn that most everything has its limits before it fails to work correctly. You can't force a computer-based device to work beyond its capabilities, so why try pushing the envelope beyond what common sense will tell you? Unless you know how to conserve CPU, you'll quickly discover that your efforts will be futile. Nuff said from here.

Just thought I list the bugs I have experienced here on 1.0.

1. Changing the drive settings on the TS8. The FM9 Froze. rebooted worked normally after that.
2. Editing AMP settings. FM9 froze. Had to be rebooted. Worked fine after that
3. When switching scenes the scene would switch in editor, but the sound would not change. Moved up a preset and back down, scene selection then worked.

I am using a pretty simple setup. Input 1 for front of the house with a Noise Gate, Amp and Cab. Output 2 is basically the same except it's going to a physical power amp and cab. CPU 54%.

I definitely will be using the Axe III live until the next update for the FM9. As of right now, I can't trust that the FM9 will be reliable for live use.

LOL - You're Welcome. It's a dirty job we're stuck with over here, but someone's got to do it.
When the semi-conductor chips and/or other supply chain items finally arrive off the boats to dry land, we'll see a better portion of the backordered items make their way into the email waitlist.

Gotta remember...parts that comprise a greater whole won't do squat until they are available. And that is likely the problem for many builders... locating/securing the correct parts.

Just thought I list the bugs I have experienced here on 1.0.

1. Changing the drive settings on the TS8. The FM9 Froze. rebooted worked normally after that.
2. Editing AMP settings. FM9 froze. Had to be rebooted. Worked fine after that
3. When switching scenes the scene would switch in editor, but the sound would not change. Moved up a preset and back down, scene selection then worked.

I am using a pretty simple setup. Input 1 for front of the house with a Noise Gate, Amp and Cab. Output 2 is basically the same except it's going to a physical power amp and cab. CPU 54%.

I definitely will be using the Axe III live until the next update for the FM9. As of right now, I can't trust that the FM9 will be reliable for live use.
I'm not sure listing FW1.0 bugs in the FW2.0 thread makes a lot of sense.

Have you experienced any of these in FW2.0?

I'm not sure listing FW1.0 bugs in the FW2.0 thread makes a lot of sense.

Have you experienced any of these in FW2.0?
Since they are still working on the update, maybe this information could help so that it is rectified in 2.0?

If they still occur in 2.0 then they haven't been addressed.

If they don't, then they have.

Update to 2.0b and see if it works better for you.
It might be helpful to add that the updated FM9-Edit and Fractal-Bot software versions are required to be able to get FM9 beta 2.00 to work correctly. Also, don't forget to routinely save a copy of your FM9 backups in case something goes awry. Doing so will prevent unexpected issues from cropping up.

It might be helpful to add that the updated FM9-Edit and Fractal-Bot software versions are required to be able to get FM9 beta 2.00 to work correctly.

I have had better luck with FM9Edit 1.00.01 than the current one, actually....

Also, don't forget to routinely save a copy of your FM9 backups in case something goes awry. Doing so will prevent unexpected issues from cropping up.

Good advice. ALWAYS back up all of your stuff from the FM9 before doing a firmware update. If you haven't backed up your layouts, do that also. It is a separate operation done from the FC Edit screen via the Edit menu on the left side of the 9 layout buttons....

I have had better luck with FM9Edit 1.00.01 than the current one, actually....

Good advice. ALWAYS back up all of your stuff from the FM9 before doing a firmware update. If you haven't backed up your layouts, do that also. It is a separate operation done from the FC Edit screen via the Edit menu on the left side of the 9 layout buttons....
Thanks, Joe. I usually do a selective preset save (factory presets I usually don't bother modifying, so it's safer to have a clean copy of these in older, separate folders) and user presets (which are often upgraded occasionally) I prefer to save regularly.

Could you walk me thru how one backs up your layouts, or is that done with Fractal-Bot by checking the boxes within?

FTR, I've tried to keep pace with the technology, upgrading when it's safe to do so, and I've not experienced many, if any at all, OS issues to this day.

Last edited:
Could you walk me thru how one backs up your layouts, or is that done with Fractal-Bot by checking the boxes within?

Click "Edit"

Screen%20Shot%202022-02-22%20at%2010.32.36%20PM_0.png

Choose "Export All Layouts"
Screen%20Shot%202022-02-22%20at%2010.32.44%20PM.png

:)

Bonus points: select each layout and Export Layout individually. That way you can restore an individual layout if you need to.... :)

Click "Edit"

Screen%20Shot%202022-02-22%20at%2010.32.36%20PM_0.png

Choose "Export All Layouts"
Screen%20Shot%202022-02-22%20at%2010.32.44%20PM.png

:)

Bonus points: select each layout and Export Layout individually. That way you can restore an individual layout if you need to.... :)
Joe, thanks again. This will save my butt someday when I inadvertently press the wrong key and things might magically vanish. TBH, I've not done that lately, but it's like butt-dialing an old flame when I know I shouldn't. Crisis averted, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom