FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes not impressed with the scribble strips at all, and the big ass frame around the inverted color scheme is no help. I haven't gone as far as to count pixels, but I'd guess about 30% of that screen is being poorly utilized. I'd almost just assume they have no scribble strips at this rate.
Agreed! The FM9 is my first Fractal device, and I've come to love everything about it.....except the scribbles. My vision isn't what it used to be, so I need all the contrast I can get....and as you say, it looks like they aren't using all the pixels available. Really wish they'd also increase the font size.

Agreed! The FM9 is my first Fractal device, and I've come to love everything about it.....except the scribbles. My vision isn't what it used to be, so I need all the contrast I can get....and as you say, it looks like they aren't using all the pixels available. Really wish they'd also increase the font size.

I give Fractal big props for listening to us, and trying to appease us. I was one who wished for this feature, but admit it’s a bit short of the mark for me too. Coming from a Helix where the scribble strips are very dark background with white text, which to my eyes is easier to read, I was bummed with the border. I was hoping for the same contrast as the main screen, but perhaps it’s a hardware limitation.

Either way, it’s not a big deal. Perhaps it will be further developed as time goes on. If they eventually implement a ‘zoomed’ feature with the main screen, as previously wish listed, it will less of an issue. Perhaps allowing only the ‘active’ scene or switch to be inverted would be cool too.

I give Fractal big props for listening to us, and trying to appease us. I was one who wished for this feature, but admit it’s a bit short of the mark for me too. Coming from a Helix where the scribble strips are very dark background with white text, which to my eyes is easier to read, I was bummed with the border. I was hoping for the same contrast as the main screen, but perhaps it’s a hardware limitation.

Either way, it’s not a big deal. Perhaps it will be further developed as time goes on. If they eventually implement a ‘zoomed’ feature with the main screen, as previously wish listed, it will less of an issue. Perhaps allowing only the ‘active’ scene or switch to be inverted would be cool too.
Yeah, I also had "Brand L" previously; the scribbles were the only thing I really liked about it. Never really clicked with the thing, so it's irrelevant how nice the scribbles are....esp. when so much else is lacking....

I'm totally thrilled with the FM9, and I'm glad I don't have to imagine a world without Fractal. I just think its scribbles are the weakest element, and since FAS is so responsive as you say, I was just expressing how I felt about them. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to trying inverse mode!

Yeah I can’t read them on stage. More relying on color coded footswitches haha WHICH I’m thankful they have.

Yeah I can’t read them on stage. More relying on color coded footswitches haha WHICH I’m thankful they have.
one of my scribble strips is just crooked enough to kick off some latent ocd. i figure i'll just set it to control something i rarely use like a compressor or good judgement.

I just reinstalled the FW2.0 beta and this new editor (v1.00.03) - so far - all is smooth and stable for me. Very nice - no lag issues at all. Awesome!
I rolled back the firmware to 1.0. Are you saying the updated editor improved the operation of FW2.0? Is there a correct order to install? Firmware or editor first? Just asking because I may get some time tomorrow and I'd love to be back using beta FW2.0. Thanks for all the great info!

I am still on 1.0, but experiencing some bugs. The T808 when turning the gain to max causes the FM9 to freeze and no sound when strumming a chord. Had to turn off and reboot. I have also noticed that the gain on the amps seems to be lacking intermittently, when I restart, issue goes away. Could this be a fix in 2.0?

I am still on 1.0, but experiencing some bugs. The T808 when turning the gain to max causes the FM9 to freeze and no sound when strumming a chord. Had to turn off and reboot. I have also noticed that the gain on the amps seems to be lacking intermittently, when I restart, issue goes away. Could this be a fix in 2.0?
Post the preset. I’m in 1.0 and I use the 808 on every preset. Never had an issue.

And that is different from every other day?

Isn't that just every day for us drones? Work until you are dead inside, then retire and die quickly?
Nope. It's reality. It's really not that hard to grasp when you think about reality. Where else is everyone else today while working on their computers? If you're not sitting at a desk, you either have your laptop on a table or somewhere similar. My desktop is on a desk, with a mug of pencils, a cuppa joe, and a microphone. I could very well be a late night talk show host, but I don't do stand-up...😁

Firmware Friday? Yeah, that is really a fallacy. Kinda like Malware Monday or Tupperware Tuesday.

Now if it just so happens that today is the day, then all bets are off!!!

Yes not impressed with the scribble strips at all, and the big ass frame around the inverted color scheme is no help. I haven't gone as far as to count pixels, but I'd guess about 30% of that screen is being poorly utilized. I'd almost just assume they have no scribble strips at this rate.

I too am old and poor vision, and an astigmatism in both eyes, so all small LED/pixeled fonts are difficult for me to read. I can't speak to the Helix. I would imagine that the space used is limited by the font; making it arbitrarily larger to fill the space may make some letters less legible.

But, it could certainly be an option, let the user decide.

Another option could be the addition of inverting the text so it is light text on a dark background.

Of course, anything is possible, but this all requires programming time.

Anyways, just my $0.02, for what it is worth :)

Firmware Friday? Yeah, that is really a fallacy. Kinda like Malware Monday or Tupperware Tuesday.

Now if it just so happens that today is the day, then all bets are off!!!
Firmware Friday would be awesome because tomorrow is Showtime Saturday!!!! Let's do this... :guitar::guitar::guitar:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom