FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laggy/buggy FM9 edit as well but firmware stable otherwise. I went ahead and rolled back for my upcoming Christmas Eve performances but think it would have been stable enough for the show, but editing and getting ready for it was painful with the editor not working as expected. Excited to get to mess with it more. Love all the improvements and additions.

On the latest version Intel MacOS I’ve noticed the editor is occasionally slow. The firmware itself seems pretty stable in my use, but I haven’t tested any of the mentioned bugs.

Laggy/buggy FM9 edit as well but firmware stable otherwise. I went ahead and rolled back for my upcoming Christmas Eve performances but think it would have been stable enough for the show, but editing and getting ready for it was painful with the editor not working as expected. Excited to get to mess with it more. Love all the improvements and additions.

Is the editor slower in 2.0? I live in the editor, and its already laggy enough in 1.0 I am not upgrading till full version.

Is the editor slower in 2.0? I live in the editor, and its already laggy enough in 1.0 I am not upgrading till full version.
Yes, in my experience it just wasn't usable...particularly going back and forth between presets. Most of the time I would select a preset and it wouldn't change. It's possible that it just didn't like the pre 2.0 presets but I'm not sure. Just like when you roll back, it doesn't like presets created in 2.0. The firmware update is awesome though.

It's been a just bit laggy, but perfectly usable for me with a Mac. I think most people having problems with the editor are on Windows?

In my experience on my Mac (m1 Mac if that matters), the FM9 would not always change presets when I selected a new one. Sometimes I could get it to work if I restarted the editor.

I am updating today. No gigs for the next couple weeks and I really want to get the virtual capo working. Less guitars to bring would be a great thing.

None of my presets are close to 80%. That could be the difference. Are you still seeing lags with a preset that’s using lower CPU?
Yes it is laggy below 80%, and completely frozen around 80%. Most of my presets are in the 73-77% range and it can be pretty slow. I got to 80 by accident, but the preset was smooth so I used it for a gig no problem. I had to remove blocks using the front panel to be able to use the editor with that preset again.

My presets are around 65-68% and I haven't really noticed a difference in the new editor verses the old version other than I'm now seeing blocks pop in and out.

It's been a just bit laggy, but perfectly usable for me with a Mac. I think most people having problems with the editor are on Windows?
I'm on mac and it gradually got slower and slower til it just crawls. Unusable now. Still considering rolling back, just haven't had a chance to yet

Thanks to you all who are taking time to try the beta and report back your experiences. I was holding off just because of some gigs, but, from the reports here, I now know to hold off until there are fixes. I am constantly using the editor, so sounds like a show-stopper for me. Just thankful the FM9 tones I already have sound perfect.

It was better - not great but not horrible. However, when the front panel becomes extremely sluggish and Fractal-Bot repeatedly times out trying to back up a single preset, I call bullshit.
Sorry you’re having a tough time w the fm9. My experience has been nothing but the opposite. Glad you have the iii to hold you over while it gets worked out. Hoping for the best 👍🏼

Just to add to the other comments... the editor is laggy, but no hiccups or issues other than that. The hardware performs great and not a single issue or problem.
I also agree that higher CPU presets appear to cause or contribute to the editor lag.
I'm on a 2019 27" iMac OS Big Sur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom