FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another observation on beta. I have noticed several responses saying it is working great, and others detecting issues. Yet everyone is using the same beta. But on different systems. There are all sorts if systems. It seems a miracle any of these upgrades get as resolved as they do.

Personally, I am grateful for the opportunity to help make the product more stable and useable. Nobody has to participate in the adventure, but we are blessed to get the opportunity - if you want it.

I think Cliff and the team do a remarkable job. What an amazing powerful unit. I am thankful they finally listened to my recommendation to replace the AX8. :sunglasses:

I only see 5. Plex delay. plex detune. plex shift. plex verb. shimmer verb. I used what looks like the latest file too. What am I doing wrong?
You see only 5 types or only 5 of the types have the word "Plex" in the them.

In the previously posted screen shot (which seems to have been deleted) there were 44 types. Not all the types have the word Plex in them.

So, did you guys need to reset amp channels or something like that? Or, any soft re-tweakings?
Wondering if my current presets are working decent after upgrading :)

I installed the 2.0 firmware minutes after it was release, loved it! Then I started noticing all the problems everyone has mention about the editor not working properly, blocks showing the wrong info, scenes and presets taking forever to load properly, some presets didn't save the way they should have, etc, etc. The unit itself seems to be working normal but there's definitely some lag on the switching that wasn't before 2.0.

So I went back to the previous version, just to find out that all the presets I made while I was on 2.0 got erased. Obviously I made a backup, uploaded the presets again but they didn't work, the names appeared but every preset was empty. So, I decided to re install firmware 2.0, got my presets back (with all the other bugs mentioned..) but I guess I prefer this while the official 2.0 arrives with most of this bugs fixed. At the end It's not that big of a deal, all in all it is a great update, unit sounds AWESOME and I couldn't be happier with it.

So I went back to the previous version, just to find out that all the presets I made while I was on 2.0 got erased. Obviously I made a backup, uploaded the presets again but they didn't work, the names appeared but every preset was empty. So, I decided to re install firmware 2.0, got my presets back (with all the other bugs mentioned..) but I guess I prefer this while the official 2.0 arrives with most of this bugs fixed. At the end It's not that big of a deal, all in all it is a great update, unit sounds AWESOME and I couldn't be happier with it.
It's normal, presets made with a new firmware will appear blank on an old one.

You see only 5 types or only 5 of the types have the word "Plex" in the them.

In the previously posted screen shot (which seems to have been deleted) there were 44 types. Not all the types have the word Plex in them.

I'm not sure how you go from what I said to concluding that I think they all should have the word plex in them considering the 5th one I listed doesn't have the word plex in it. However, I rebooted a couple times since my post and now see all 44.

So, did you guys need to reset amp channels or something like that? Or, any soft re-tweakings?
Wondering if my current presets are working decent after upgrading :)
I did not have to tweak any settings at all. I updated to 2.0 Beta and FM9-Edit 1.00.02 and all presets are working smoothly.

I loaded up the 2.0 beta (excuse me, beeeeeta) and ran with it on Sunday for P&W. I got some excellent feedback on my tone from a knowledgeable friend in the congregation after.

I've been working with it with my own presets for my working band (non-P&W), and it's been flawless. Feels very good. Sounds excellent—no issues or beta hiccups here.

Impressed with the new compression, the Fender preset and Vox preset I use a lot in my band are even better, and that's saying a lot. I was digging them from v.1. My dirty stuff is f'ing good. Sweetness. I primarily focus on Friedmans for what I do, and they are perfectly balanced—enjoying this.

I love everything. Deeply happy with the tape preamp in the cab block for the preamp settings - which is a giant leap forward.

The Virtual Capo is IMHO highly usable in a working band on a paying gig. Also, this will save me from having my backup guitar tuned to Eb, so I cannot express enough gratitude for that update. Love it.

I've been through a lot of development over the years with Fractal, so I am not on the FM9 beta team; this one is one of the first since 2007 where I am 'outside looking in' like everyone else here is. However, I know the challenges facing betas, and looking at the EXTENSIVE user notes about this upgrade, it has to be one of the most substantial overall updates I've seen to date.

This beta version is good. I am surprised by all the negativity I see on the last 2-3 pages here. People have lost the path somehow, though; this is a monster upgrade, so of course, there will be some issues. But, on the other hand, it is a public BETA clearly labeled. If you don't understand what that means - bugs may well be encountered, load at your own risk - then you need to know it.

Back up your unit completely. Load beta, trial it, then decide if it is worth the risk to run or not for your IRL.

I've run beta firmware on Fractal gear since the original Axe-FX Standard and deeply understand what I am getting into when labeled beta.

This one is solid enough for me to run. YMMV.

I'm not sure how you go from what I said to concluding that I think they all should have the word plex in them considering the 5th one I listed doesn't have the word plex in it. However, I rebooted a couple times since my post and now see all 44.
Because someone else previously posted the exact scenario I mentioned and yours sounded very similar.

Rehearsed last night with beta 2 and no problems and sounded great! Just the tuner not acting very nice is my only issue. I have a gig coming up and will use beta 2 and tune with FM3 since it will be there as backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom