FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just discovered I have this same issue. I was trying to to control a flanger bypass with a momentary control switch (setup up just like you have it in the screen shot) and it doesn't work.

When you press and hold the switch the modifier it's attached to doesn't respond and there is no indication on the FM9 screen saying the CS switch is "On".

When I release the switch the screen displays that the CS switch is "Off", so it seems something is only responding to the transition from on/depressed to off/released and not when you press and hold the switch.

I can get the momentary CS switch to work properly if I configure it in the "Hold" function, but there is a slight time lag to detect the 'hold' so it's not ideal.

While searching the forum to try and resolve the issue I found a video where Leon Todd configures a momentary switch for a flanger the same way you do and that I tried to do today with no luck, so I'm sure this should be working as the configuration is correct....I eventually landed on your post which describes the same problem I'm experiencing.
Yup. It's a known bug where the normally open momentary switches won't toggle upon HOLD. In fact, normally open momentary switches won't HOLD at all, they merely toggle. Apparently, FAS says it's a firmware issue they're addressing.

That being said, normally closed momentary switches don't have this problem, and will work correctly for both TOGGLE and HOLD.

This I discovered AFTER purchasing, building cable, and installing normally open switches. The doh factor is palpable.

This I discovered AFTER purchasing, building cable, and installing normally open switches. The doh factor is palpable.
They work fine on FCs - AAMOF, better, as they are easier/quicker to operate with just a gentle toe press, rather than having to press it all the way down.

No "D'oh!" at all, just a bug waiting a long time to be squashed....

They work fine on FCs - AAMOF, better, as they are easier/quicker to operate with just a gentle toe press, rather than having to press it all the way down.

No "D'oh!" at all, just a bug waiting a long time to be squashed....
Yeah but external normally open momentary's still don't do the HOLD feature...which is OK for me, since I only require a tuner utility and HOME (Preset #384/Scene 1) button for my 2 externals.

Yup. It's a known bug where the normally open momentary switches won't toggle upon HOLD. In fact, normally open momentary switches won't HOLD at all, they merely toggle. Apparently, FAS says it's a firmware issue they're addressing.

Thanks for the info...much appreciated...I'll carry on another way until that's fixed.

Yeah but external normally open momentary's still don't do the HOLD feature...which is OK for me, since I only require a tuner utility and HOME (Preset #384/Scene 1) button for my 2 externals.
They do fine with the FC6. It's part of the bug they are hopefully fixing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom