FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when the Line 6 devs redid their code so that all their products were basically on the same firmware. So when there was an update, all the products got it at the same time. Probably not possible in the Fractal universe given the power differences between the III/FM3/FM9. But then again I’m not software developer. Maybe it is possible.

still noticing a lot of lag with the editor. Sometimes 30 seconds or more for the editor to register changes that are instant on the unit itself.
JD,

How many user presets/IRs do you have stored on your FM9? Also, what type computer (processor make/model) are you using with FM9-Edit?

The reason for my asking is because I'm currently using a recent 2021 iMac M1 with maybe 8 user presets and about 80 outsourced FM9 IRs, and my lag time is like 0.75 seconds between Save from FM9-Edit and the FM9 registering the modifications.

While 0.75 seconds isn't that noticeable, maybe it's the computer processor? 30 seconds is a long time while trying to save modifications.

Just thought to thank the FM9 R&D team regards their tireless (and sometimes thankless) work that they do. Let me be one to say that after a day of work, we usually like to arrive home, change our clothes, and sit down to dinner, maybe watch or read of the day's news.

We understand that the FM9 team is doing the best they can to roll out the FM9 FW update, but like everyone else, we must be patient while we wait. Remind me to "take 2, they're small," next time I ever feel the need to voice my concerns about any lack of perceived progress.

Meanwhile, will go about my usual business with cooking, cleaning, caring for family obligations.

Thank you, FM9 R&D for all that you do, even though thumb-twiddling is good exercise for manual dexterity.

(About as left-handed I could get with this...)

JD,

How many user presets/IRs do you have stored on your FM9? Also, what type computer (processor make/model) are you using with FM9-Edit?

The reason for my asking is because I'm currently using a recent 2021 iMac M1 with maybe 8 user presets and about 80 outsourced FM9 IRs, and my lag time is like 0.75 seconds between Save from FM9-Edit and the FM9 registering the modifications.

While 0.75 seconds isn't that noticeable, maybe it's the computer processor? 30 seconds is a long time while trying to save modifications.
Windows i7 based machine. About the same about of user presets & IRs as you.

The editor used to be quicker. Also, I’ve noticed sometimes it starts out ok, then gets progressively laggy as time goes on.

Windows i7 based machine. About the same about of user presets & IRs as you.

The editor used to be quicker. Also, I’ve noticed sometimes it starts out ok, then gets progressively laggy as time goes on.
Is there a way you can clear your cache memory (browser memory first, of course) and re-enter your website PWs to see if the cleared memory might enable the FM9-Edit to work quicker? With Windows, you might also need to do a hard drive defragmenter, so as to organize and save on HD memory...sometimes if either cache or HD is "full" or "disorganized" putting things in order can help improve a computer's performance...

Although I'm no techie, that, plus a restart, might be the smart thing to do...short of calling tech support and asking how to help lagging applications work better...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom