FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm experiencing sound mute when i hit save on fm9edit, sound comes back once preset is saved

It’s not a issue. It’s a known thing. When saving a preset you’ll have a small audio gap. Because it’s saving
I don't believe this happens on Axe Fx III... So how are you determining it's a "known thing"?

I don't believe this happens on Axe Fx III... So how are you determining it's a "known thing"?

Idk it’s just always been a thing especially when i do it from the editor

Mine has also done it since day 1. I haven’t tried the beta. Seems perfectly reasonable to lose audio for (literally) a second when saving.

I’ve never tried an Axe III but we are, of course, in the FM9 subforum. Every time I compare a feature to the III I get immediately told it’s not relevant because it’s a totally different unit.

Every piece of gear (fractals included) does that when you save.
That's a pretty broad overstatement. Have you tested every piece of gear?

I did just test on my Axe Fx III and confirmed there is an extremely brief audio gap when saving.

It's no comparison to the FM9...
Idk it’s just always been a thing especially when i do it from the editor
Just because it always does doesn't mean it always should... But see above ;)

I’ve never tried an Axe III but we are, of course, in the FM9 subforum. Every time I compare a feature to the III I get immediately told it’s not relevant because it’s a totally different unit.
I would disagree with that sentiment.

It's a different unit, yes.

It isn't a "totally different" unit and shares many, many of the same features and functions.

Nope. They said that they’re already bored with the FM9 and it will never receive an update again. You got 1.0 or Beta 2.0, enjoy.
on the plus side , I don't consider us last behind the FM3 , I prefer to think we just might be first to get the new stuff Cliff dreams up this week

I did just test on my Axe Fx III and confirmed there is an extremely brief audio gap when saving.

Agreed. It's something to do with the architecture with Fractal. I can save with other modelers and I have no disruption in sound with the Helix or Kemper.. As well, the latency with the desktop client is greatest with the Fractal gear. USB must be lowest on their totem pole. Whenever the cpu is high, the latency exponentially climbs for the desktop client. Obviously the disruption in sound is most invasive but there must be way to control the latency. Waiting 5 plus seconds for the desktop client to catch up isn't optimal.

Ok, "Every piece of gear I have ever used has a small gap of some sort when saving."

Follow up question for ya, have you ever used a piece of gear that doesn't?

Ok, "Every piece of gear I have ever used has a small gap of some sort when saving."

Follow up question for ya, have you ever used a piece of gear that doesn't?
I don't honestly recall. The most recent gear I owned which had save capability was a TC G-Major 2. I don't recall any gap but it's been about 9 years :)

I typically don't save while I'm playing which is why I had to double check on the Axe Fx. I knew the FM9 did because I just experienced it last night.

Also, I only checked via the editor and I want to test again from the front panel.

Unless the preset reloads after save it seems odd that it should affect audio at all because all it should be doing is writing bits into NVRAM.

Agreed. It's something to do with the architecture with Fractal. I can save with other modelers and I have no disruption in sound with the Helix or Kemper.. As well, the latency with the desktop client is greatest with the Fractal gear. USB must be lowest on their totem pole. Whenever the cpu is high, the latency exponentially climbs for the desktop client. Obviously the disruption in sound is most invasive but there must be way to control the latency. Waiting 5 plus seconds for the desktop client to catch up isn't optimal.
Correct me if I am missing something but shouldn’t you have your presets/scenes built, tested and level set before the gig. I am certainly no pro but I am not a noob when it comes to playing on stage. 🤔

Correct me if I am missing something but shouldn’t you have your presets/scenes built, tested and level set before the gig. I am certainly no pro but I am not a noob when it comes to playing on stage. 🤔
If you're tweaking the sound on stage why wouldn't you save it? If not, then you're re-changing it all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom