FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropped level by 6dB right after the amp/cab. Still getting crackles. They seem to crackle more as the notes fade out, so perhaps level isn't the issue. Can send preset(s) and system config files for testing if needed....
Are you using two cab blocks? I get similar crackling if I have two cab blocks and use Ultra Res IRs in both of them.

Did you try turning off the Gate in the Input block to see if that makes a difference?
Haven't tried that yet, but at -86dB threshold, it's not likely it's the issue, as it would have been an issue on 1.0 also.
It's just there to cut off the sound when I roll the volume off.

Are you using two cab blocks? I get similar crackling if I have two cab blocks and use Ultra Res IRs in both of them.
Yes, two cabs, purple label, so UltraRes, IIRC, but the IR Length setting is "Standard" and not "Ultra Res". Does switching to lower res IR files fix it? Wonder why it didn't do this before on 1.0 firmware....

Yeah, that was what I was asking about. Can't really tell what it's set to do, as the screenshot cuts off the settings at the bottom which would let us see what it is trying to switch. It does appear that it is set to do something momentarily with CS#1, but the something is currently a mystery that may hold the key to the issue....

Sorry if it's been said...
Normally, the foot switch for an effect that is off will show a dimmed light. On my FM9, when I set my rotary to channel select, the there is no dim light (like there is no rotary in my preset). If I set it to enable, I get a dim light. This does not happen on my III.
Factory 59 Bassguy preset.

Sorry if it's been said...
Normally, the foot switch for an effect that is off will show a dimmed light. On my FM9, when I set my rotary to channel select, the there is no dim light (like there is no rotary in my preset). If I set it to enable, I get a dim light. This does not happen on my III.
Factory 59 Bassguy preset.
Are you trying to select a specific channel that is not the current one? Do you have Smart Enable (I think that's the name) ON?

If so, I think that's expected behavior...

Dropped level by 6dB right after the amp/cab. Still getting crackles. They seem to crackle more as the notes fade out, so perhaps level isn't the issue. Can send preset(s) and system config files for testing if needed....
I am also getting crackling on some presets but I am on version 1, not beta. So far the couple presets I tried are from Austin Buddy. If I remove the amp block and re-add it and select the same amp type, the crackling goes away (but I loose the AB settings). I'll try more experimenting later.

I am also getting crackling on some presets but I am on version 1, not beta. So far the couple presets I tried are from Austin Buddy. If I remove the amp block and re-add it and select the same amp type, the crackling goes away (but I loose the AB settings). I'll try more experimenting later.
Will try that as well. Seems related to the Amp2 block (my lead amp sound in my presets) and peculiarly absent in my Amp1 block....

In regards to post #282, I saw USB driver Version 5.30 under Axe III Downloads as well.
Also dated 12/10/21. I didn't notice this either. Thanks

I had not measured but that is a pretty good bump w and additional 2% in use , I would bet more intense things like quad shift could bring it up more , just thinking about the FM3 guys and seeing where this will fit if its bumping up to 28.8 from 21.3
I'm confused by your math. The post shows a change from 21.3 to 26.8 from no Pitch block to adding a Pitch block with Virtual Capo. That's 5.5% increase for adding the block but doesn't show what the values were in FW 1.0...

The original question asked was about the difference in CPU for Virtual Capo between FW 1.0 and 2.0... So that has not been answered.

Im really happy with my FM3 and am on the FM9 list and will probably buy ....... but wow ....... greater that %21 CPU Useage with nothing there just to run an empty preset ... that seems an enormously high CPU usage to me to just turn on the unit and run an empty preset ?!?!?!?

I would really hope this is significantly streamlined / reduced as FW's grow in detail and maturity.

Ben

Im really happy with my FM3 and am on the FM9 list and will probably buy ....... but wow ....... greater that %21 CPU Useage with nothing there just to run an empty preset ... that seems an enormously high CPU usage to me to just turn on the unit and run an empty preset ?!?!?!?

I would really hope this is significantly streamlined / reduced as FW's grow in detail and maturity.

Ben
It's not empty, it has an Input and Output block.

It's about 11-12% empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom