FM9 FAQ

Can the FM9 do the go back to prior scene on second Tap like the FM3 is it an option in FM9 edit

can anyone answer the above @hippietim just curious as FM3 and 9 seem similar

Last edited:
Just got my FM9 - she's a beauty! I'm looking to import my Axe-Fx III presets to it and tweak/simplify them (as many are near the limits of the III). What's the stability of that process currently? I ask as I'm not having much luck. It sometimes works but many times FM9-Edit is crashing when importing an Axe-Fx III preset. I've tried dragging/dropping into the main screen as well as importing via the Manage Presets screen. Sometimes the same preset will work, sometimes it crashes FM9-Edit.

At this point, am I best off just re-creating from scratch?

Just got my FM9 - she's a beauty! I'm looking to import my Axe-Fx III presets to it and tweak/simplify them (as many are near the limits of the III). What's the stability of that process currently? I ask as I'm not having much luck. It sometimes works but many times FM9-Edit is crashing when importing an Axe-Fx III preset. I've tried dragging/dropping into the main screen as well as importing via the Manage Presets screen. Sometimes the same preset will work, sometimes it crashes FM9-Edit.

It's quite stable. I'd recommend trying it before you recreate things from scratch. Check delay block times -- that seems to be the one place where conversion issues crop up more than others.

It’s probably the CPU being too high on import. Save your Axe3 preset to a blank spot on the Axe3 and get it down to maybe 60% or so as a starting point. Save, export then import to FM9. See the CPU. Have more room? Repeat the process and remove less from the Axe3.

This is technically an FC request, since "LAST" would apply to all products. It is on the list. Not just scenes: banks, presets, channels, etc.
Someone told me in another thread that the last scene option was already in the FM9.

Were they wrong or am I mis-reading what you're saying?

Cool about last bank/preset/channel!

Is it possible in global settings to turn speaker sims/blocks off in one output and leave them on in other outputs? I do not want to do this via block routing in the grid.

Is it possible in global settings to turn speaker sims/blocks off in one output and leave them on in other outputs? I do not want to do this via block routing in the grid.
No. It’s like mixing paint. Once you’ve stirred in a color, you can’t take it out again.

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
No. It’s like mixing paint. Once you’ve stirred in a color, you can’t take it out again.
Does Anyone know a good way to have effects such as delays, modulation and reverbs after amps and speaker cabs sent to foh AND then another output to onstage amp with all effects but no speaker sims?

If I understand the manual somewhat, I can use my acoustic guitar in input 2 with an electric in input 1. Does this include using both at same time? Other guitar player in band uses my acoustic while i use my electric at same time. I'm hoping I can assign output 2 ( xlr) for input 2, otherwise i read I have to assign the right output of output 1 to acoustic, and my left to electric in which case i lose my stereo out for electric. A little confused can someone clarify please. I'm new to the modeler world, tube an pedal board user mainly but digging the FM9! Thanks in advance.

If I understand the manual somewhat, I can use my acoustic guitar in input 2 with an electric in input 1. Does this include using both at same time? Other guitar player in band uses my acoustic while i use my electric at same time. I'm hoping I can assign output 2 ( xlr) for input 2, otherwise i read I have to assign the right output of output 1 to acoustic, and my left to electric in which case i lose my stereo out for electric. A little confused can someone clarify please. I'm new to the modeler world, tube an pedal board user mainly but digging the FM9! Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can use both inputs simultaneously and should be easily able to process an acoustic guitar at the same time as your electric guitar signal. You can choose to route the outputs either of the ways you described. They can both be run in stereo with outputs 1 / 2 or you can send them mono to output 1 L / R

Back
Top Bottom