FM9-Edit 1.00.04 (to support fw 2.01 public beta 1)

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
FM9-Edit 1.00.04 provides support for FM9 firmware 2.01 public beta 1.

The editor is available below:

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM9-Edit/FM9-Edit-OSX-v1p00p04.dmg

Win64
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM9-Edit/FM9-Edit-Win-v1p00p04.exe

Win32:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM9-Edit/FM9-Edit-Win32-v1p00p04.exe

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.00.04
April 1, 2022

Current FM9 Firmware Version: 1.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 1.00

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 2.01 public beta
o Updates to AMP, DELAY, MEGATAP, and PITCH layouts.
o Added Type control to Controller ADSR1 and ADSR2.
o Updated Modifier Dialog.
o Updated Output block meter's max dB.
o Relabeled the AMP block's "Authentic" page to "Tone" for fw version 2.01 and greater.
o FC-Edit
- Added "Scene Level + Save" to the "Utility" functions.
- Added "Current" option to the display functions for Bank: Inc/Dec function.
- Added "Current Name" and "Current #" options to the display functions or Preset: Inc/Dec and Scene: Inc/Dec functions.

* Added frequency and cent values to the Tuner.

* Updated small knob graphic.

BUG? - In FM9-Edit - In the AMP - Input EQ section. Double click on the "High Cut" and it goes to 200.0 Hz (min). It should go to 20000 Hz (max), right?

@Michael Pickens - just a heads up.

Using the above firmware and editor, today I tried using the TOOLS > FractalBot option in FM9-Edit to load an empty FM9 bank (I had made/saved) on firmware 1.0 -- and got loud popping and high whine as it tried to save each preset. I had to shut off the FM9 unit and reboot.

I next exited ediotr and tried to do this using the stand alone FractalBot and it worked fine.

I tried to replicate then again using FM9-Edit gateway to FractalBot, and didn't have any issue trying same thing on second try.

So this may be nothing/blip, but flagging here, in case anyone else has this issue. Cheers and thanks for the good work Michael. I'll keep testing today.

@Michael Pickens - still having editor crashes using Preset Manager in latest fw/editor, with the terminal app window opening, and can't re-start editor and have to reboot entire Mac.

This happens when I try to use the Preset Manager to drag more than one Axe-Fx III preset at a time into the FM9 editor.

I don't have this issue at all on the FM3 (importing III presets to it) - works great there. Just FM9 issue.

I did have some success weirdly with some older created presets - I actually did drag about 20 fw 16 created presets over and they saved. Understandably some of the preset blocks are wrong like pitch and volume and rotary, that part's okay and can did fixed manually, because the amp/cab appear in each to be porting over correctly (thankfully).

The FM9 Preset manager/editor is correctly deleting the II's presets Output 4 and removing the third and fourth Cab IRs in cab block and preserving Thru/Mute

But for all else, if I try to drag three+ fw 18+ saved/made Axe-Fx III presets over using FM9-Edit preset manager, the editor crashes.

It does appear to work if you just drag/do one preset at a time and save each individually. Of course, I have many banks I need to port to the FM9 so doing these saves one preset at a time is a royal time sucker, and I'd rather be spending that time fixing blocks ported over! :)

Also, even if you drag them over one at a time, if you don't save each time and try to save in bath, the bar at bottom will get stuck after a few presets and freeze (won't save after a few)

When I try to drag 3+ presets over, this happens:

1. Editor simply closes - disappears off screen.

2. This pops up:

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 3.40.58 PM.png

If you click "ReOpen" option, this happens - the Terminal opens on screen:

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 3.42.10 PM.png

The editor appears to reopen, but crashes next time I try to drag even just ONE preset.

So, each time this happens, I have to reboot Mac to reset everything.

Feel free to PM me?

@Michael Pickens - still having editor crashes using Preset Manager in latest fw/editor, with the terminal app window opening, and can't re-start editor and have to reboot entire Mac.

This happens when I try to use the Preset Manager to drag more than one Axe-Fx III preset at a time into the FM9 editor.

I'm going to amend my post above even further. This is starting to happen to me even when dragging just one single Axe-Fx III preset over and clicking save. I sucked it up and started to copy a full bank, one at a time, and save them, one at a time.

Then it started crashing with just one preset dragged over.

The presets I am dragging over do not max out the CPU. They do have two amp blocks and two amp cabs. Some have an asterisk in their name Maybe that has something to do with it?

Some are coming over fine one by one, but then (randomly?) some crash the editor and it won't work again until a full computer re-boot. These are all Naked Amps presets I'm pulling over. I did pull over 20 single amp/cab presets fine - 20 in one batch - this morning. So am wondering if the dual amp/cab may be a factor, shouldn't be?

So I have to stop work on this now until resolved. :( This issue was reported prior as well, so the new editor and firmware version has not fixed this issue.

This Preset Manager port from III to FM9 problem could be to be a real issue for any touring or gigging guitarists who want to convert to using the FM9 on stage from their Axe-Fx III rigs now (as I want to do as well). Users may be forced to reconstruct some or many of their III presets in the FM9 manually, if not addressed.

(It's admittedly pretty maddening for an old pro like me who is used to this preset import process working brilliantly in the past. So am flagging here for the editor "need-to-fix" board... so I'll go work on other things for now! :cool: Thanks @Michael Pickens @Admin M@

I'm noticing a small issue with the refresh/redraws on screens such as the Speaker Impedance and Input EQ in the amp block.

The graph/curves don't refresh upon channel changes until I tweak any parameter then the curve immediately reflects the correct values.

IE: If I do a low-cut only on the amp channel A with the Input EQ, switching to B, C, D will still show that low-cut in the graph on the display for channels B, C, D even though it should be flat. Similarly with the Speaker Impedance curve. Adjusting any parameter then forces a redraw/update graphically.

Back
Top Bottom