FM9 - Dodged doing a bone head move

lscottk

Experienced
So, I have had my FM9 for several months. Last week I realized that the main LCD screen was showing two horizontal lines. I tried rebooting and the lines wouldn't go away. "Shit", I think to myself, I'm going to have to get it repaired, and not even a year old. I started writing an email to Fractal Support. I did a double take so that I could describe the issue as precisely as possible and I realized that the lines were not on the LCD, but on the plastic screen protector, which I had never removed. DOH! Removing the screen protector "fixed" the problem. Bonehead move of sending in an unnecessary support request averted. 🙄

We get emails about this "issue" in support every month or two. It's always fun to hear the hoots of joy when they peel the plastic off and the "problem" goes away.

Yup. That was my issue! Once the plastic was removed, the problem went away. Doesn't always occur as I never removed the plastic from my FM3 and never had any line.

So, I have had my FM9 for several months. Last week I realized that the main LCD screen was showing two horizontal lines. I tried rebooting and the lines wouldn't go away. "Shit", I think to myself, I'm going to have to get it repaired, and not even a year old. I started writing an email to Fractal Support. I did a double take so that I could describe the issue as precisely as possible and I realized that the lines were not on the LCD, but on the plastic screen protector, which I had never removed. DOH! Removing the screen protector "fixed" the problem. Bonehead move of sending in an unnecessary support request averted. 🙄
Don’t feel bad, it happened to me too. I also realized it before I packed it up and shipped it thank goodness. All I could think was duhh! 🤭

Happened to me as well. Mine weren't even truly horizontal which really bugged me. :D

Mine's still on, it's acting as a screen protector though it took a bit of effort coaxing the bubbles towards the side and out.

Yeah, I know, right? I too was puzzled why the lines weren't straight. Who ever heard of an LCD not showing straight failing scan lines? Ultimately that was avaluableclue. :)

We get emails about this "issue" in support every month or two. It's always fun to hear the hoots of joy when they peel the plastic off and the "problem" goes away.

I wish my wife had a plastic layer to peel off. I can't get a descent sammich out of her.

Back
Top Bottom