FM9 Case?

My FM9 gets here on the 13th.. about 2 to 3 months later I need to go to Brazil for 6 months. I have never flown with my guitar and gear before so I am looking for a backpack solution that can also hold my laptop and headphones. I found this, but there is not a lot of information on the inside specs. Looks perfect if the fm9 will fit length wise and the price is fantastic at 120 US dollars. I don't suppose anyone here has seen one in the wild?

BOSS CB-BU10 Utility Backpack

1662739794752.png

My FM9 gets here on the 13th.. about 2 to 3 months later I need to go to Brazil for 6 months. I have never flown with my guitar and gear before so I am looking for a backpack solution that can also hold my laptop and headphones. I found this, but there is not a lot of information on the inside specs. Looks perfect if the fm9 will fit length wise and the price is fantastic at 120 US dollars. I don't suppose anyone here has seen one in the wild?

BOSS CB-BU10 Utility Backpack

View attachment 108143
This website gives the external dimensions, but not the internal.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CBBU10--boss-cb-bu10-utility-gig-bag

This website gives the external dimensions, but not the internal.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CBBU10--boss-cb-bu10-utility-gig-bag
Yeah, I saw the external dimensions.. Since I am using this for transport more than I am for regular everyday carry I am thinking about giving it a try.. I may have to take off the end caps and then put them back on when I arrive.. It looks like a nice bag that is almost but maybe not quite the perfect size for the FM9 and all the other carry on electronics I would want to bring.

certainly looks possible. Might worth a go..... Wish I could find something like this with wheels and a handle as i usually have my dual mono bag on my back.........Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 4.03.09 PM.png

Hi there! I'm planning to buy the following bag for my future fm9+mission expression pedal.
gator gt-2412-gry
20220910_122707.jpg
Based on the size information it should fit.
Anybody have experience with this particular bag with the fm9?

Reactions: LCW
Hi there! I'm planning to buy the following bag for my future fm9+mission expression pedal.
gator gt-2412-gry
View attachment 108181
Based on the size information it should fit.
Anybody have experience with this particular bag with the fm9?
Just ordered this one, gonna give it a try.
Rehearsed yesterday, brought the FM9 along with me in a large shopping bag, not cool, not rock and roll! :cool:

Anybody ever used a Gator G-Tour for Helix with your Fm9? I'm wondering how well it will fit. It's smaller in width for sure, but I'm guessing the Fm9 is taller, wasn't sure if the top would close completely

Okay - so I got the Pedaltrain ”Premium Soft Case” for the Metro 24 (PT-M24-PSC-X). And it is awesome!! Perfect size for the FM9 and my expression pedal. Plenty of room for cables and what not in the pockets on front. SUPER THICK padding everywhere - very structured and padded, and I love the backpack format. This is a keeper for sure!!

See pics below (excuse my curious cavaliers in the picture, LOL).

BC78048-D-8-A08-4-A8-B-ACE7-6-E4-C0-AB833-F1.jpg

Thanks for sharing this. I didn't want a big bulky hard case, so I was looking for a bag or backpack. I just got one. You weren't kidding about the padding. I think it can take a missile strike.

Thanks for sharing this. I didn't want a big bulky hard case, so I was looking for a bag or backpack. I just got one. You weren't kidding about the padding. I think it can take a missile strike.
I have the same bag. It works quite well. Good padding and a good fit. If you don’t have an expression pedal or something else the right size to fit into the void beside it, it will slide around a bit. But all in all, a reasonably priced, well made solution to protect your FM9. I do like the sturdy handles on the top and the side which accommodates carrying the unit on end or longways. The only very minor thing that I wish is that they had made the top so that it opens like a suitcase front to back. Instead, it opens like a book left to right. This creates two issues. First you need a very wide area to open it up completely which is not always available when packing and unpacking at a gig. Second, if you have the top filled with heavy accessories like cables, it can easily slide right off a table or chair while you are using both hands to try to insert the FM9 in the bottom pocket. Kind of hard to describe, but opening front to back would have been better in my opinion. You can work around it though. One and a half thumbs up or 4 stars out of 5 if you prefer.

I have the same bag. It works quite well. Good padding and a good fit. If you don’t have an expression pedal or something else the right size to fit into the void beside it, it will slide around a bit. But all in all, a reasonably priced, well made solution to protect your FM9. I do like the sturdy handles on the top and the side which accommodates carrying the unit on end or longways. The only very minor thing that I wish is that they had made the top so that it opens like a suitcase front to back. Instead, it opens like a book left to right. This creates two issues. First you need a very wide area to open it up completely which is not always available when packing and unpacking at a gig. Second, if you have the top filled with heavy accessories like cables, it can easily slide right off a table or chair while you are using both hands to try to insert the FM9 in the bottom pocket. Kind of hard to describe, but opening front to back would have been better in my opinion. You can work around it though. One and a half thumbs up or 4 stars out of 5 if you prefer.
I agree. I'd prefer the 'hinge' to be on the long edge but it isn't a deal breaker for me. One thing I do like is the heavily-padded bottom compartment. You can put a laptop or tablet in there or a few more expression pedals.

Can confirm unfortunately this doesn't fit the FM9. A shame, it's such a good looking bag.

I chose the Helix backpack to travel with my FM9 and some expression pedals

Attachments

• IMG_20221012_180233.jpg
    IMG_20221012_180233.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20221012_180201.jpg
    IMG_20221012_180201.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20221012_180209.jpg
    IMG_20221012_180209.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20221012_180209.jpg
    IMG_20221012_180209.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20221012_180201.jpg
    IMG_20221012_180201.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20221012_180233.jpg
    IMG_20221012_180233.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 147

SOYAN Extra Large Guitar Pedal Board 25.6”x11.9”w/ case.

(yes, I modified it by removing the bottom slat. Easy hacksaw work on the ends and the plastic caps hide the cut).​

PXL_20221012_172928791.MP.jpg

rework_all.jpg

Back
Top Bottom