FM9 Case?

Any issue stepping over and getting to the halo and drop pedal?
There certainly would be but the Drop would be used so sparingly I would reach down and hit it with my hand. I do have a riser I could/might put it on. The Halo would be in input/output 3 loop so could be always on and activated from the FM9 switches/scenes.

There certainly would be but the Drop would be used so sparingly I would reach down and hit it with my hand. I do have a riser I could/might put it on. The Halo would be in input/output 3 loop so could be always on and activated from the FM9 switches/scenes.
Ah that's a good point. Do you use the drop to save cpu or because you think it sounds better?

My case is a medium sized one from Custom Pedalboards UK. I got it back in July 2016. Fits the FM9 and a couple expression pedals quite nicely and even leaves a little room for cables or additional pedals.

View attachment 106760

(Gonna add the Drop into the rig this weekend along with a wireless; undecided on if I’ll put the Halo on there—it’s awesome though.)
DO you drop tune a lot? I had Drop Tune pedal but after FW updates a couple ago, it has not been needed. Just FYI

Yes. Specifications for FM9. Dimensions: 20.2″ x 9.2″ x 3.5″ (512mm x 233mm x 88mm). Took you longer to write than to do a 2 sec search though.
The link is for a backpack, which lists only the external dimensions, so I'm wondering how you can confirm from just those dimensions? You'd need the internal dimensions.

It he's talking about the MT-20 board, then no, it won't fit. That board is 20"x8":

https://pedaltrain.com/collections/metro/products/pt-m20-sc

I'm of curse asking if a FM9 will fit into the backpack PT-M20-PSC-X. I read the spec with dimensions but I really prefer a real world confirmation if someone already bought it, to get a more accurate feedback.
Anyway I’ve ordered one and will let you know.

Last edited:
View attachment 91216View attachment 91215

I just purchased the Gator Helix roll case based on the recommendations here. As you can see, it is nearly a perfect fit for the FM9 and an EV-1. I highly recommend this case.

This package is 26.8 pounds in total. That is about half the weight of my Axe-FX III / power conditioner / rack case and that doesn’t even take into account the weight of my floor board with the FC-6 and expression pedals. This is going to make load in /out super easy.
Thanks for this post.
I was able to remove the end caps and add some wooden shims to keep the ventilation clear and mount a EV-2 as well. This fits perfectly in the Gator case as far a width.
Just need to add a few inches of foam on the top and the front edge.
"Like a glove"

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpg
    IMG_0734.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 138
Is there a Master list of all mentioned cases, so you dont have to scroll 16 pages?

Here you go :)
Caveats:
Bit of a work in progress but I compiled the best of the bunch. Still have to complete EUR and GBP pricing. Some of the items are not available outside the US or will likely be pricey to ship.
I haven't included custom cases on here as prices will vary drastically and everyones needs are different.

Hope this helps in some way.

The Line 6 Helix Bag fits mine quite nicely, and I can put the expression pedal in the front pocket.
Yeah those are great bags.
I went with the Gator Helixfloor hard case.
Some hand cut foam and it works for the few time I have transported it so far.
But I wish I had more room for other stuff like the bag does.

Last edited:
I’m on the waitlist, but I don’t think it’s too soon to start looking for a solution, is it? Has anyone seen or have something that is going to work?
I have the Pedaltrain Premium Soft Case for Metro 24 carry bag, which looks almost identical to the Line 6 Helix bag. They may even be made by the same manufacturer. Pretty pleased with mine. I can get the FM9 and an EV2 in the main compartment and then all the associated cables and small stuff needed in the other two smaller sized pockets. Zippers are stiff at the corners, but are loosening up with use and appear to be well made. I like the fact that it has a sturdy carry handle at the top of the bag and a second one on the side allowing you to carry the bag oriented either way. Padding is adequate for my limited gigging, but it always has to be stacked on top of everything due to the soft padding. Don't know the price of the Helix bag but this seemed like a fair price for the Pedaltrain. Another option to consider.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PTM24PSC--pedaltrain-premium-soft-case-for-metro-24

Back
Top Bottom