FM9 Case?

What are people's thoughts on getting an ATA case like this and mounting the FM9 and expression pedals directly to the bottom (the shallow side).

1224-case.jpg

I'd like to put some feet on the bottom so all I have to do is take the lid off and plug in. Two questions:

1. Is there any problem with that, or is there a need for an additional board inside?
and
2. This blackbird one is 30" x 16" for $199. Are there any removable lid options like this for less $$?

Been a couple months since I purchased the Seahorse 920, and just wanted to follow back up a I have used it for practice, gigs and took my FM9 on vacation with me as well.

Those of you looking for a good quality case that is really going to protect your FM 9 and allow you to carry additional accessories (cables, wireless, expression pedal etc), the Seahorse 920 has really impressed me.

I have had to throw it in the back of the car with other gear and there is no fear of the FM9 getting damaged.
A couple weeks ago had a gig where I had to park a couple hundred meters from the place we were playing and the extendable handle and rollers really came in handy.

Yesterday, coming back from vacation got caught in heavy rains and had the Searhorse out in the rain with the FM9 in it for a few minutes (Much longer then I was comfortable with). From there I had to check it in for the ferry ride. To add to my anxiety when I arrive off the ferry I see the baggage guys had my FM9 at the bottom of the luggage cart with 3 layers of suitcase sitting on top, case soaking wet on the outside.

I get it home and open it up and it is bone dry perfectly protected.

For 140$ I think, as long as you can get past that it will be a little bit bulky compared to other solutions, I think you can't go wrong with this case. Even carrying stuff to gigs, no matter how careful I try to be stuff gets bounced around. So happy with this purchase.

Thanks to whoever the poster was in this thread that discovered it.
Still going strong over here, too!

AM-JKLWoLIMnZqgcB8J4DQm_3I41g2UUg0V7k6Y_KuQ7kxCJ777rVH7UREMxlxkXPq1WB7F6wdoUnc-331vOS3TnRPmqzMYePs17FszrlhKS1RPBaLdKm3JKKOnGjM31uLlZeWhnuwcd-45fbTnHgU0wyObV=w1173-h1560-no

AM-JKLU_TdzlnjbdXn09U13WN-RXa2LRN0JOllbK9MxuensSApk1Ebe2926Ax_40rTOvgx1z7hhlpt2oFifLg7VQfYdXu3Ut1Lde2xGJ1GkbasXMqkPLLPULr_7BpN3uuBGONlXSzNM_lHRxnDKZsnPQ43IL=w1173-h1560-no

What are people's thoughts on getting an ATA case like this and mounting the FM9 and expression pedals directly to the bottom (the shallow side).

1224-case.jpg

I'd like to put some feet on the bottom so all I have to do is take the lid off and plug in. Two questions:

1. Is there any problem with that, or is there a need for an additional board inside?
and
2. This blackbird one is 30" x 16" for $199. Are there any removable lid options like this for less $$?
Make sure you leave an air gap for the bottom vent of the FM9...

For my setup I think I am going to need 36” don't have room for my expression pedal on one side and my whammy on the other.
If you’re talking about the Seahorse case, that’s just pick ’n’ pluck foam. You could pull out a little more for the Whammy.

If you're looking for a soft case that fits the FM9 perfectly, the Rockboard 3.1 bag that comes with the pedal board is about as form fitting as you can get. Luckily, I had one of these sitting around, so my search for a carry bag solution is over. It's not Mono quality obviously, but overall not badly made for a nylon bag with some padding. Also, there is a pocket for cables but no room for expression pedals or larger accessories.

I wound up getting the D'Addario Backline backpack.

View attachment 91220

It's a general-purpose gig bag, designed to hold cables, mics, pedals, power, and all the odds and ends that you always seem to need at a live gig. To make it fit the FM9, you first have to rip the guts out of it. No worries — it's just one zipper and a bunch of Velcro. (But hold on to those guts. If you ever decide to return the bag to its original purpose — which is very cleverly executed — you'll want those guts nearby.)

View attachment 91221

Looking in through the top of the case, you'll see my FM9 and a full-size EV-1 expression pedal.

View attachment 91222

Looking in at the bottom, you'll see the other end of my FM9, a power cord, a spare power cord, and two EV-2 expression pedals. So I've got the FM9 and three expression pedals in the main compartment (I'd have four expression pedals, if I went all EV-2).

View attachment 91223

Looking further up the bag, there's a spot for strings, picks, a tuner, and some tools.

View attachment 91225

Behind that is a home for my wireless receiver and transmitter, and my in-ears.

View attachment 91226

In the back, behind the shoulder pads, I have a laptop, a tablet, music, and (hidden behind the back flap) both primary and spare cables.

View attachment 91227

Two more side pockets carry a wealth of additional crap. And as you can see in the top photo, there are straps on either side where you can attach mic stands or guitar stands.

Construction is on par with my Mono 365 bag that's carried my FX8, AX8, FC-6 and FM3 for years — thin but dense closed-cell foam in a tightly-woven nylon shell. Zippers are heavy duty, with rubber seals that close over them to keep the rain and snow out.

With this bag on my back and a guitar case in my hand, I'm good to go in one trip. It's only been out to one show so far. I hope I'm still as pleased with it in a year or two as I am right now.
Just bought one of these bags based on your post! Thanks!

Reactions: Rex

1224-case.jpg

and
I went this route though I didn't go ATA because of the extra weight! I did use a piece of 3/4" to mount everything to because mounting to the lid wasn't really an option. Over all really happy with it!

I haven’t put my board together yet but it’s going to need to be 36” wide for my FM9, expression pedal and Digitech Whammy pedals. Maybe about 6” in depth more than the FM9.

Found what I deem to be the ultimate cheap gig bag for the FM9. $39 shipped with current pricing. Surprisingly it isn’t just a cover, it does have some padding but it’s not very thick. Fits a little tight side-to-side but for the price, meh I’ll deal with it. Also fits my cheapo expression pedal, a few cords, and accessories in the outside pockets.

AxcessAbles DJ Controller Carry Case Bag 12 x 3 x 21 inches for inside dims w/ Pioneer DJ Controllers Compatible with DDJ-400 DDJ-SB3 DDJ-RB DDJ-200 Hercules Control Inpulse 200 Control Inpulse 300 https://a.co/d/g0IU7eV

Attachments

• 18B95442-33FB-43AF-8F46-DCD25B6DB1D6.jpeg
    18B95442-33FB-43AF-8F46-DCD25B6DB1D6.jpeg
    973.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 3C273364-9B0E-468B-9BF2-505919AE5582.jpeg
    3C273364-9B0E-468B-9BF2-505919AE5582.jpeg
    759.2 KB · Views: 63
My case is a medium sized one from Custom Pedalboards UK. I got it back in July 2016. Fits the FM9 and a couple expression pedals quite nicely and even leaves a little room for cables or additional pedals.

4DD93268-A34E-4D8E-BA03-7B129ECBAAFE.jpeg

(Gonna add the Drop into the rig this weekend along with a wireless; undecided on if I’ll put the Halo on there—it’s awesome though.)

My case is a medium sized one from Custom Pedalboards UK. I got it back in July 2016. Fits the FM9 and a couple expression pedals quite nicely and even leaves a little room for cables or additional pedals.

View attachment 106760

(Gonna add the Drop into the rig this weekend along with a wireless; undecided on if I’ll put the Halo on there—it’s awesome though.)
Any issue stepping over and getting to the halo and drop pedal?

Back
Top Bottom