FM9 Case?

I don't have the FM9 yet, but my FC12 and Mission SP1 fit in the Metro 24 bag perfectly. This is the standard one that came with my Metro 24 board. I used to have my FC6 with 2 stand-ins and 2 mini Dunlop expressions mounted on the Metro 24 board and that fit perfectly too, just a little tighter. View attachment 91431 Been using this since I got the FC12.
Excellent! That's the $80 option I linked to in my post. Great confirmation!
Just curious - Has anyone confirmed that the Pedaltrain Deluxe MX Soft Case for Metro 24 works for the FM9? Internal product dimensions on the Pedaltrain site seem to indicate the bag would be too small. And the above post w/ photo shows an FC-12 in the original Metro 24 bag that came with the board, not the stand-alone deluxe case that can be ordered separately. Obviously it fits in the case provided with the metro 24 board per the photo, but I'm now wondering if the deluxe case is just a bit smaller and wouldn't fit an FM9? Thanks.

I'm thinking of changing up my board and case, some have seen the DIY board that I fit into a light duty case but lately I have been thinking of moving to a Temple Audio Duo 34 with their soft case.

Does anyone have experience with their soft case? Is it as good as say a mono or the like soft case as far as construction goes? I know it won't be as protective as a hard case would be but I do like how they can be set in some places that you just can't put a hard case and they are a little easier on the paint when loading in and out of the car/truck.

I'm thinking of changing up my board and case, some have seen the DIY board that I fit into a light duty case but lately I have been thinking of moving to a Temple Audio Duo 34 with their soft case.

Does anyone have experience with their soft case? Is it as good as say a mono or the like soft case as far as construction goes? I know it won't be as protective as a hard case would be but I do like how they can be set in some places that you just can't put a hard case and they are a little easier on the paint when loading in and out of the car/truck.
I have the Temple Duo 34 and soft case. It's not super padded and the strap is a little chintzy. I used it for transport to and from normal bar gigs without issue, but I don't think it's as solid as one of those MONO cases.

Do like I did and get that Temple Duo 43 for 2 expression pedals and add an FC-6... LoL
I use a 61 key semi rigid rolling keyboard case with plenty of space for other gear. Hehehe.

My FC-12 pedalboard for my Axe III MkII Turbo is wooden and heaving with a mic stand closet flange mount with a matching thread pipe
segment with the top half of a nice heavy boom stand for my gigging rig.

The FM9 Turbo rig is for church and backup for the Axe FX III rig.

Attachments

• 280617020_10221867147731874_3261108613384664106_n.jpg
    280617020_10221867147731874_3261108613384664106_n.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 94
Do like I did and get that Temple Duo 43 for 2 expression pedals and add an FC-6... LoL
I use a 61 key semi rigid rolling keyboard case with plenty of space for other gear. Hehehe.

My FC-12 pedalboard for my Axe III MkII Turbo is wooden and heaving with a mic stand closet flange mount with a matching thread pipe

That’s bigger than most “stages” I play in bars here.

Man that's too much rig to haul around! I like what I have now and it been good at keeping the dust off. The hard case is starting to show it's weaknesses and I have put a nice little dent in my recently painted Tacoma so not to happy about that one.

I went and bought the Duo 34 in Gunmetal and some punched plates for the I/O's. It's a tad larger than I wanted to go but with everything I have and the given depth of that board I don't have a choice. For a Case I have started up a conversation with Kevin at Studio Slips. I'm going to have them make a custom bag that will have a tight fit for the board with everything I have on it and have enough padding to protect the top and sides from damage.

Meanwhile I need to start rounding up the hardware to mount the FM, 4E and the wireless.

Man that's too much rig to haul around! I like what I have now and it been good at keeping the dust off. The hard case is starting to show it's weaknesses and I have put a nice little dent in my recently painted Tacoma so not to happy about that one.

I went and bought the Duo 34 in Gunmetal and some punched plates for the I/O's. It's a tad larger than I wanted to go but with everything I have and the given depth of that board I don't have a choice. For a Case I have started up a conversation with Kevin at Studio Slips. I'm going to have them make a custom bag that will have a tight fit for the board with everything I have on it and have enough padding to protect the top and sides from damage.

Meanwhile I need to start rounding up the hardware to mount the FM, 4E and the wireless.
I roll that sucker around with a Gator dual guitar backpack case....

I use the Duo 24 board with my FM9, and had Studio Slips modify their bag for that board by adding a bit more height to accommodate the FM9. It works great and is easy to carry without breaking door frames or damaging walls.

I have a bunch of their bags and like them very much. The company is great to work with and happily changes the designs to accommodate our needs.

I use the Duo 24 board with my FM9, and had Studio Slips modify their bag for that board by adding a bit more height to accommodate the FM9. It works great and is easy to carry without breaking door frames or damaging walls.

I have a bunch of their bags and like them very much. The company is great to work with and happily changes the designs to accommodate our needs.
I was thinking of ways to shrink down my rig but I like having things already set up so I'm kind of stuck with the longer board, a 28" would have been perfect as that's where I'm at now. I suppose I could cut it down... hum. The Temple Audio board seems to be the de facto board that everyone likes around here. After looking at a lot of other boards I cold see why.

I was surprised to learn that Studio Slips didn't have one already made up to fit the Duo 34. I will most likely have some made for my monitors and PA tops.

I was surprised to learn that Studio Slips didn't have one already made up to fit the Duo 34.
They do. Have them add the height of the modeler to it. They will reply to your order and ask you to confirm the measurements.

I have their clamshell bags for my EV PXM-12MP speakers too. They’re a great company.

For any Canadians with lighter duty (non flight) needs this case is on sale at Canadian Tire this week. Wheels and retractable handle for $150 CND ($117 USD) all in.

View attachment 92791
View attachment 92792

The EV-1 rest on the bottom of the case and the rubber sides touch the plastic as well...so clearly not ATA approved except as a carry on perhaps...but for local transport you have a hard time beating this at the price point!
I dont see the name of this case or a link?

I'm doing a pedalboard/case from GOMC- https://gomc.tv/

Not the cheapest option, but I won't have many concerns about damage while it's in that case! Also adding wheels/handle to it so I can roll it around.

IMG_1874-scaled.jpg
This helps me in my search but honestly is my last resort option because it's so expensive.

Here is my case! I have had this one sense AX8! Just some inexpensive no name ebay deal. It's not ATA rated so it's pretty light. I think I paid $80 for it when I bought it. It's perfect for that occasional gig I couldn't be happier. View attachment 91230View attachment 91232
Link? This is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm not flying with mine but I want a decent live in case. All the extra stuff you have in next level!

Back
Top Bottom