FM3 with other midi controllers

What???
Why do you think it doesn't support an expression pedal? It has 2 inputs for that which can be also used as switches.
I could be wrong but from what I read, you cannot send variable data to the FM3. I tried looking for a way to hook up a third expression pedal to control stuff like gain, delay mix, etc and could not find it. As it is a "nice to have" feature and not critical, I did not bother. My DMC-3XL was ordered with an expression knob option as well which was planned at the time of order to go with the Atomic Amplifire 3 I owned at the time.

If there is a way or an update that supports it then that's great and if not, that's fine.

I could be wrong but from what I read, you cannot send variable data to the FM3. I tried looking for a way to hook up a third expression pedal to control stuff like gain, delay mix, etc and could not find it. As it is a "nice to have" feature and not critical, I did not bother. My DMC-3XL was ordered with an expression knob option as well which was planned at the time of order to go with the Atomic Amplifire 3 I owned at the time.

If there is a way or an update that supports it then that's great and if not, that's fine.

Good news, FM3 definitely supports this. Just assign a MIDI CC to one of the 16 External Controllers under the MIDI/Remote settings. Then attach that External Controller to whatever gain, delay mix, volume block you'd like.

Yes. but only, and this is important, if the MX is master.

Like any other Midi controller, the MX must be master and the Midi device (FM3) must be slave.
Oherwise, when you push a FM3 button, the FM3 will act as master and the MX should follow as slave.
But the FM3 will not send any signal to the MIDI out when a FM3 button is pushed, so the MX is not aware of this change and can't act accordingly.

You can solve this easily by making the MX master. Here are some suggestions:
MX: presets + bank up/down FM3: scenes and/or block FX
MX: scenes + preset up/down FM3: block FX - tempo/tuner
MX: presets + bank up/down on page 1 and scenes + tempo/tuner on page 2 FM3: block FX....

Thx. And if you bring up a preset with the drive on that will then not be visible as on on the MX, right?

I wish Voes was available in the US and had a Mac editor. 😭
We ship worldwide and have a lot of customers in the USA.

About the Mac editor. I got that question several times over the years. It finally found the time and the right program language (Python). Looking good so far and making progress. Biggest struggle I'm having is how to compile to an executable on a Mac.

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-18 om 21.03.39.png

Thx. And if you bring up a preset with the drive on that will then not be visible as on on the MX, right?

If you have settings like below, and you send a preset (button 1) from the MX to the FM3 and have a drive button (button 5) on the MX, then the drive button will sync with the FM3 and show the correct On/Off state. Again, crucial is that the MX sends the preset change and not the FM3.

Clipboard01.jpg

If you have settings like below, and you send a preset (button 1) from the MX to the FM3 and have a drive button (button 5) on the MX, then the drive button will sync with the FM3 and show the correct On/Off state. Again, crucial is that the MX sends the preset change and not the FM3.

View attachment 83398

Sounds great. But how can MX know if the drive was on or off in the scene selected?

It's cost effective, and works well if you wish to control 8 scenes under foot with preset up/down.

Attachments

• IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    487.5 KB · Views: 99
Sounds great. But how can MX know if the drive was on or off in the scene selected?

When a scene is changed (on the MX), the MX will ask the FM3 to change the scene and send the scene name, the on/off state and the selected channel of all blocks.

It's cost effective, and works well if you wish to control 8 scenes under foot with preset up/down.
Interesting, this midi commander looks very good and the price is very tempting.
Does it load scenes / presets when selecting scene or preset on the FM3?
What limitation did you faced?
price vs. number of buttons is a killer.

Interesting, this midi commander looks very good and the price is very tempting.
price vs. number of buttons is a killer.
Yes, there is a dedicated f/w downloadable, and it does. No problem thus far.
You need a midi cable. Rechargeable batteries also needed. No phantom power.

I used an MC6 with my FM3 since I got it about a year ago..it worked really well. I just upgraded to an FC6 and the OMG9 layout is really awesome.

I'm struggling to get my FM3 to change scenes on any given preset from 1-5 with a Midi Mongoose. The scenes change in the first preset, but it won't work globally with any other presets in that way..just defaults back to Preset 1. Is this a limitation of the FM3 or am I missing a step?

Hi all.
Obviously the FM3 can be paired with the FC6/12 but I’m curious to know if any of you had experience running the FM with other midi controllers like rjm GT’s etc.
Further, what didn’t you like on the OMG9/15 setup?
Thanks.
My setup with the hotone ampero control, ampero switches, necktar pedal my be the cheapest
for the combination of 8 pedal button +1 expression pedal.
Power of 12V for the MIDI pedal is provided over the FAS connector.

_FM3-MIDI-final-setup.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: p1k
Back
Top Bottom