FM3 with MFC-101?

pauleyb

I have a friend who has offered me their MFC-101 for a really good price. Will it work with the FM3? My apologies if this has been asked already. I searched for about 30 minutes before posting. Thanks in advance for any guidance on this. I am a fractal newb (as in, don't even have one yet) and I am trying to be prepared for when my invite comes.

You could probably use it as a basic midi controller I think, at least could for the III, but wouldn’t do most of the cool stuff the FC’s do with the reflecting status, changing display name etc, just like how it was pretty limited for the III

it will act only as a "general midi controller." it won't connect via FASlink, because the MFC has version 1 and the Axe3 and FM3 have FASlink 2. you would power the MFC with its own power supply and use a MIDI cable between the two.

search the Axe-Fx III forum for MFC and see how they've used it. it would be the same setup and feature set.

in the long run, it may be better to get an FC controller as that is designed to specifically integrate with the FM3. though the MFC with more switches and depending on the price, you'd have to decide if manually programming the MFC, dealing with the cabling, and the very basic functions is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom