FM3 with Hotone Ampero Issues

Totally not helpful, but every time I see that brand I read it “Ho-Tone.” Seems a bad idea for a name.

As you were…
In truth, I've never been sure how it's supposed to be pronounced. Hot one? Ho-tone? Ho-tone-ay? Hot Tony?

Last edited:
Totally not helpful, but every time I see that brand I read it “Ho-Tone.” Seems a bad idea for a name.

As you were…
I'd prefer Hot one....I own two switches and a midi controller (since today). I opened a switch lately and these seem to be road capable. Have to see this on the long run though but at first sight seem OK to me.

I'd prefer Hot one....I own two switches and a midi controller (since today). I opened a switch lately and these seem to be road capable. Have to see this on the long run though but at first sight seem OK to me.
I think the intention (total guess) was Hot Tone, smashed into one word. I have an old wall heater in my house (my place was built in 52) that has the brand name “Homart.” Again, not sure if the intent was “Home Mart” or “Home Art,” but it sounds more like a name for a bordello to me!

Note to manufacturers: Don’t get cute with the spelling… no one gets it. :)

I have avery cheap Mosky dual momentary footswitch from aliexpress. It is momentary/unlatching. It works as advertised, as far as my multimeter tells me.

I programmed the FM3 like underneath but the FM3 did not respond as programmed. It only did the hold function no matter how fast I press and not even reliably so. I found I needed to have the behavior to "FOLLOW HARDWARE", not "VIRTUALLY TOGGLE" and it's now working perfectly.

Sorry, got back home very late last night and no guts to do this then. So here you are

I have my hotone switch on pedal input 2
View attachment 89451

Hence you parameter the input 2 switch tip and ring values in the SETUP/IO/Pedal menu on the FM3:
Please note that switch 2 RING input is the RIGHT switch of your Hotone switch and thus switch 2 TIP input is the LEFT switch
View attachment 89470

And for example this is how in FM3 Edit you can toggle the WAH on and off with the right switch :

View attachment 89453

So easy it is...

For programing a scene toggle, what in my case I do with the left switch you have to go to another menu and program a stand in switch. This type of switch will do the parametered action in any of the 8 Layouts (except if you program per preset etc etc..)

View attachment 89456

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom