FM3 with Hotone Ampero Issues

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
Hello all... I just purchased the Hotone Ampero and have it connected to Pedal 1 and under I/O I have Pedal 1 Setup as 2 Switches (Tip+Ring). I Calibrated the pedal but only the left button does anything. I tried to search for "Hotone Ampero" and found this link that mentions changed the type from Expression to 2 Switches and unplug/replug the pedal but the right pedal still doesn't calibrate. I just went through the manual to try to find the location where I can do 'Midi Learn' but then I remembered that the pedal isn't midi and I still can't find the midi learn area in the FM3. The FM3 is a totally different beast than I remember the Axe-fx II being. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I see other folks have the pedal setup for tuner and tap tempo so I figure I'd start there... thanks again.

Please clarify what you're doing as you seem to intermixing "pedal" and "switch", I think.

Calibration is only for expression pedals, it has nothing to do with switches.

Taking a casual look at the Ampero, it has an Expression IN port. That is for controlling the Ampero, not using it to control other devices.

Are you trying to use the pedal on the Ampero to connect to the FM3? If so, then you would need to use Midi, not the expression jack. And midi pedals don't get calibrated on the FM3.

Also the thread you linked above is for a 2-button switch, not the Ampero.

You said you got the "Hotone Ampero" which is different than the "Hotone Ampero Switch" :)

You referred to "pedal calibration" which has nothing to do with switches.

You also mentioned midi learn, which also has nothing to do with external switches.

These things confused the post and replies.

It uses 2 momentary switches so it should work.

Are you using a TRS cable? If not, that would explain why only 1 button works.

I'm sorry I had so many terms in my first post...

Yes I have it connected to Pedal 1 input jack in the back of the FM3 and under I/O I have Pedal 1 Setup as 2 Switches (Tip+Ring). I ran the calibration option but the left button/trigger/switch (whatever it's called) enables the calibration to move from right to left, the right one does not do anything.

I'm sorry I had so many terms in my first post...

Yes I have it connected to Pedal 1 input jack in the back of the FM3 and under I/O I have Pedal 1 Setup as 2 Switches (Tip+Ring). I ran the calibration option but the left button/trigger/switch (whatever it's called) enables the calibration to move from right to left, the right one does not do anything.
There is NO calibration for a switch. I've mentioned this multiple times.

A switch is ON or is OFF. There's nothing in between. Calibration is for expression pedals and you don't have one connected here.

Again I'll ask: are you using a TRS cable? Post a picture of your called

Sorry, got back home very late last night and no guts to do this then. So here you are

I have my hotone switch on pedal input 2
1633121512423.png

Hence you parameter the input 2 switch tip and ring values in the SETUP/IO/Pedal menu on the FM3 :
Please note that switch 2 RING input is the RIGHT switch of your Hotone switch and thus switch 2 TIP input is the LEFT switch
1633152391786.png

And for example this is how in FM3 Edit you can toggle the WAH on and off with the right switch :

1633121925043.png

So easy it is...

For programing a scene toggle, what in my case I do with the left switch you have to go to another menu and program a stand in switch. This type of switch will do the parametered action in any of the 8 Layouts (except if you program per preset etc etc..)

1633122484920.png

Attachments

• 1633151892701.png
    1633151892701.png
    535.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Still getting used to the FM3 menu... setting it to Virtual Toggle and Normally Open/Momentary Make require two taps to enable/disable the Tuner, I defaulted everything back to Follow Hardware and Normally Closed/Momentary Break and it worked with just one click. Now I have the Tuner on the Left and Tap Tempo on the Right. I am positive that I want to keep one button as the Tuner, I would love a Previous Preset Toggle to go back and forth between presets... does anyone know if this is available?

I would love a Previous Preset Toggle to go back and forth between presets
You can use Preset Toggle to go between two specific presets.

There's not yet a "last"option for presets although there is now for scenes.

Matt said it's being worked on, though.

Latching on to this thread...

I am currently using the ampero switch as a simple looper control, coming from a larger 2button footswitch before that.

However the experience has not been smooth.

• The looper acts unpredictably when i operate the buttons, with many missed hits
  • The switch only activates functions after i lift from the initial push. Preferably i would like to have it activate on Button Down instead.

I've tried all different settings but nothing seems to get me what i need.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance 🙏🏻

Latching on to this thread...

I am currently using the ampero switch as a simple looper control, coming from a larger 2button footswitch before that.

However the experience has not been smooth.

• The looper acts unpredictably when i operate the buttons, with many missed hits
  • The switch only activates functions after i lift from the initial push. Preferably i would like to have it activate on Button Down instead.

I've tried all different settings but nothing seems to get me what i need.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance 🙏🏻
Are you using stand-in switches?

If so, they will trigger on release if there's a hold function also assigned.

Are you using stand-in switches?

If so, they will trigger on release if there's a hold function also assigned.
I'm currently not using any stand in switch functions.

Removing the hold function makes sense for the way i use the looper, which is activate on button down. How do you think this can be achieved?

I'm currently not using any stand in switch functions.

Removing the hold function makes sense for the way i use the looper, which is activate on button down. How do you think this can be achieved?
I don't think an external switch has any hold capability unless it's used as a stand-in but I might be wrong.

As of now my use of external switches has been very limited.

Hopefully someone else can answer.

Back
Top Bottom