FM3 with Headphones Jack - Now Shipping

Right on! Glad I waited for this version - it didn't take as long as I expected. This will be my first Fractal product - can't wait!

Any advice for beginners? I'm coming from Helix....
Don't sell that solid state amp you tried playing your Helix through with a guitar cab, which may not have impressed you at the time. My Axe-FX III sounds phenomenal through a flat solid state amp and a guitar cab! I have one of the real amp models which is modeled in the Axe-FX III, and it sounds nearly indistinguishable from the real thing through the same cab. Just disable the cab/IR block if it's turned on in a preset.

So, how excited should someone who joined the list in April 2020 be at this point?

A) Plan for Summertime fun
B) Stay off Santa’s Naughty List
C) Give up and grab the Axe FX 3 and play now

My purely speculative opinion would be: C if you have the $$$; B if you're resolved to get the FM3. However, other folks here will tell you sooner. Unfortunately the only concrete way to know is to watch the pattern of invites over the next couple of months. As customers we do not have (nor should we expect) information on how many people passed on the Non-Headphone model during the run of invites until June 10~. We also don't know the total invite requests, the number of responses that go out per day, or the stock number of available units on hand. Simply too many unknown variables to make any predictions.

So, how excited should someone who joined the list in April 2020 be at this point?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the Axe FX 3 is on a waitlist now too. But it could be only weeks though. 😉

I'm in the same boat, but my XL will do the trick until we get to april 2020 :)

My gmail account deletes emails past 30 days when the box gets full. I checked after reading the posts by people tracking days they submitted waitlist requests. My sent box had a few emails from the beginning of March so I knew it was before that. My first invite might have been in February. I literally got on the waitlist after getting the heads up from a friend that this was announced on social media. I was going to buy an Axefx3 this week because I was tired of waiting but then I got the email so it worked out. My other guitar player has an A3 and he does most of our mixing so the FM3 is plenty of power for me. I'm actually shocked that you can buy an Axefx for $1k (I know it's called the FM3 but it's an axefx as far as I'm concerned). The idea of additional footswitches was brilliant. I was actually waiting for the Quad Cortex to come out because I've been using Archetype Nolly up until this point, but Fractal is a great company so I'm just gonna go all in on them. Just need to figure out my in the room rig now.......... FRFR or poweramp/cab.

I was actually waiting for the Quad Cortex to come out because I've been using Archetype Nolly up until this point, but Fractal is a great company so I'm just gonna go all in on them.
I had a deposit in for the Quad Cortex, but with all this uncertainty surrounding manufacturing and it being such a new platform, I decided to cancel that and go all in with the FM3+FC6. Maybe the Quad will be a great product, but I'm just gonna wait and see.

I felt the same way. I wasn't concerned so much about the quality and manufacturing since his Dark Glass stuff is top notch, but it's been quiet over there. There's really no forum like there is here and people are so helpful with questions. The Fractal brass are always willing to help too. The main thing for me was I wasn't sure I needed all the switches. The QC was basically the same setup I had with my AX8 but with a higher pricetag. The FM3 is an amazing price point for what you get. If I need more switches I can always buy the FC6. I dig this modular thing. Brilliant. The other great feature is being able to share my presets with my other guitar player. He's in Nashville and I'm in Milwaukee. Couldn't do that with my AX8 and the Axe2, at least not easily.

I had a deposit in for the Quad Cortex, but with all this uncertainty surrounding manufacturing and it being such a new platform, I decided to cancel that and go all in with the FM3+FC6. Maybe the Quad will be a great product, but I'm just gonna wait and see.
You will not ever regret to buy Fractal gear I promise!

Back
Top Bottom