FM3 with FCB1010 + Eureka eprom

podling9

Hello folks,
I'm a new convert to the FM3 (from helix floor) and, for my needs, it provides everything and then some.
I also had a FCB1010 that I've had for many years, but haven't used because I could never master the programming. I tried connecting it to the FM3 for external control and again struggled, in spite of generous and wise folk like 'Ugly Bunny's' advice and sys files (using a UnO eprom).
However, I then discovered the latest Eureka eprom which has pre-installed features specifically for Fractal products including the FM3. It provides 3 modes that give access to Scenes (all 8), Presets (all of them) and (10) Effects, plus two pedals for volume or expression manipulation. So, for only a few hundred dollars ($AU, much less in the US) for an FCB1010 + Eureka eprom + long midi cable, I have pretty extensive control. I'm sure that the more expensive controllers may have advantages, but for those of us on more limited budgets, it's a great option.
Hope this is of use to some.
Cheers, and thanks for all the great advice available in this forum.

Thanks for the update! I was just researching this purchase. I have a MeloAudio Midi Commander and it works alright, but there is much more functionality with the FCB1010+Eureka. I was just about to post a question about using the two together when you posted.

Hi, recently I got a used FCB1010 with EurekaPROM to use it with the FM3. While I do like the preinstalled functionality, unfortunately in EF effects mode the effect state is not reflected by the LEDs after scene changes. It only works with only one midi cable attached. Is this specific to the EurekaPROM, meaning is there a way to use e.g. the stock chip of the FCB and have it show the correct effect status?

Cheers

I really struggled with mine. I used to use my Eureka and FCB combo with my Elevenrack. When I got the FM3, I tried to use it, but nothing was working out of the box. I had stumbled across a thread that talked you through setting up the MIDI mapping on the FM3. I ended up punting after a bit. Also, the FCB only had one way communication to the FM3 as far as I could tell (no communication back to the FCB).

Note that it is possible that I have an older version of the Eureka.

I'm sure that the more expensive controllers may have advantages, but for those of us on more limited budgets, it's a great option.
Perhaps an email to Eureka might provide some expert advice. Also, there was a fantastic gentleman on the old Yahoo FCB forum (it's been moved since the demise of Yahoo to https://fcb1010.groups.io/g/main), E.J. Sheldon, who really understood programming the FCB with original (and UnO) eproms and is very generous with advice. If there's a way to achieve what you seek, I suspect he will know.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Hey there;
Hi, recently I got a used FCB1010 with EurekaPROM to use it with the FM3. While I do like the preinstalled functionality, unfortunately in EF effects mode the effect state is not reflected by the LEDs after scene changes. It only works with only one midi cable attached. Is this specific to the EurekaPROM, meaning is there a way to use e.g. the stock chip of the FCB and have it show the correct effect status?

Cheers
No, the Axe gear sends out no useful MIDI information; ie, it will not tell you the bypass state of a pedal.

If you have the stock chip, I'm more than happy to help in any way I can. I got to know this pedal VERY well a couple years ago before the FCs were released. But once you start talking aftermarket chips, I can't help anymore lol. I bought the UnO chip but never installed it since I grew to love the functionality of the stock chip. Just seemed way more intuitive without needing additional software to understand it.

Back
Top Bottom