FM3 with external reverb pedal - Trails?

M.M.

I'm probably missing something obvious, but here goes

I'm exploring the idea of using the FX Loop on the FM3 with external reverb and delay pedals for lead sounds, so I can unload some DSP (I also have specific sounds I like in those pedals).

The thing is - with this method:
b04054b9-f089-46c9-b3cc-368ff5cc0e77-jpeg.79416

When I bypass the IN 2 block, I loose the trails. Is there any way around this that doesn't revolve around using more blocks, like Volume or Multiplexer?

I think you would need the out 2 and In 1 loop in parallel instead of series. So higher mix on the fx
...then mute the out 2 send

I think you would need the out 2 and In 1 loop in parallel instead of series. So higher mix on the fx
...then mute the out 2 send

Parallel is not an option with the pedals in question, even though it would also be my preference

It mutes everything. Unless it is programmed on a future update to work as well
Ah, you’re right. It’s hard to picture a solution that doesn’t involve parallel routing.

I run a Specular Tempus reverb, which has MIDI, and just bypass the pedal that way (although you could just bypass any reverb pedal manually, too).

Another option within the FM3 is to run parallel paths in your patch and with scenes, have Out 2 muted with a dummy block like Filter or whatever unmuted, then in the scene with reverb, unmute Out 2 and mute Filter or whatever block you put there.

I run a Specular Tempus reverb, which has MIDI, and just bypass the pedal that way (although you could just bypass any reverb pedal manually, too).

Another option within the FM3 is to run parallel paths in your patch and with scenes, have Out 2 muted with a dummy block like Filter or whatever unmuted, then in the scene with reverb, unmute Out 2 and mute Filter or whatever block you put there.
I've been doing this with a dummy volume block, but in my mind it's not efficient :sweatsmile:

Are the pedals midi controllable?
No

Back
Top Bottom