FM3 Will not Connect to FM3-Edit or Fractal-Bot

DanWJohnson

Hey all! Just got a non headphone FM3 On Reverb, firmware 1.04. It works great, I love how it sounds, but I can’t connect to my IMac(running IOS Catalina)or Edit or FractalBot. I tried updating to 1.06 via the bot, but whenever I plug the FM3 in the computer via USB, my Mac says “Unplug the accessory using too much power to re-enable USB devices.” I thought the FM3 was already powered, so I feel stuck. I tried the same thing on my laptop, and the same exact thing happened, making me think it’s an FM3 issue. Any help would be so appreciated! Also, thank you, Fractal for the amazing tones! Still playing with this a ton via the built in screen and device.

This happened to me, FM3 wouldn’t connect on a Mac anyway.. I had to turn on the FM3 THEN connect the usb to the computer.. connect to bot, close bot, then open Edit.. if I powered on the FM3 with the usb cable connected it would not work/ connect.. ymmv.

This happened to me, FM3 wouldn’t connect on a Mac anyway.. I had to turn on the FM3 THEN connect the usb to the computer.. connect to bot, close bot, then open Edit.. if I powered on the FM3 with the usb cable connected it would not work/ connect.. ymmv.

Tried this, no luck.

you used a USB cable directly from the FM3 to your mac? or are you using a hub of some sort? is anything else plugged into USB on the computer?

the "too much power" message usually means something specific.

can you try a different USB cable?

you're using the "square" style USB port on the FM3 right? not the flatter one?

you used a USB cable directly from the FM3 to your mac? or are you using a hub of some sort? is anything else plugged into USB on the computer?

the "too much power" message usually means something specific.

can you try a different USB cable?

you're using the "square" style USB port on the FM3 right? not the flatter one?
Correct, using the square USB from the FM3 directly to the back of the mac. I have a lot USB stuff connected to my Imac, but I tried unplugging everything except the fractal, and got the same message. I plugged it into my mac laptop, which has nothing connected to it, and got the same message.

I just emailed Fractal support, hopefully they'll still help me out even though I bought it used, I will update with any news.

Thanks all!

Update! Mark from Fractal emailed me back, looks like it has to go into home base for repair, which I will have to pay for, which sucks. But I'm glad for a response, and I'm glad I'm not crazy! Will update when I get it back, thanks everyone for their help!

Back
Top Bottom