• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FM3: when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex

Legend!
I never have understood this notion that the AX8 turned into some kinda pumpkin the minute the firmware updates dried up. I spend more time with my AX8 than my AXElll ...from a grab’n’go standpoint, from a portability and, as importantly, a usability standpoint, it’s a first-rate piece of gear.

Spent about four-hours with mine today, alone.

The AX8 sounds stunning - it doesn’t need firmware updates to continue to sound stunning, and, if “modularity” isn’t your thing the only thing an AX8 needs to work well is a ??? ...foot. :0)

As my dear old Grandpappy used to say.. “She’s a keeper!”
+1. My AX8 still gets gig time, despite having my Axe-Fx III racked and ready to go.

ChristThePhone

Fractal Fanatic
This is a good thing. The tech is still current and considered in the top 3, plus both the Head and Rack stay current - unlike the AX8.
That's what you meant, right?
The tech is legacy (that's how FAS states it). However, it is NOT outdated. We all agree that the magic is in the firmware, the hardware just needs to provide enough horsepower.

Today I called the european distributor of FAS and unfortunately he told me that the FM 3 will be shipped end of this year at the earliest :confused:
As I already sold my AX 8 in May this year I think I gonna purchase the full version of Bias 2 for my ipad pro just to have something to play at home via headphones. Line 6 and stuff like that are not as good in terms of playing dynamics and feeling but Bias 2 is better than I thought.
But nothing comes close to FAS at all...

zerolight

Inspired
Today I called the european distributor of FAS and unfortunately he told me that the FM 3 will be shipped end of this year at the earliest :confused:
As I already sold my AX 8 in May this year I think I gonna purchase the full version of Bias 2 for my ipad pro just to have something to play at home via headphones. Line 6 and stuff like that are not as good in terms of playing dynamics and feeling but Bias 2 is better than I thought.
But nothing comes close to FAS at all...
Oh dear, that's not ideal. I already did the Bias 2 thing back in May, but I really don't enjoy it. If it's true that we won't see the FM3 until the end of the year at the earliest, then I guess my decision is made, I'll pick up a Kemper this weekend. Can't say I'm not disappointed, but I have nothing to tide me over.

Randalljax

Forum Addict
Oh dear, that's not ideal. I already did the Bias 2 thing back in May, but I really don't enjoy it. If it's true that we won't see the FM3 until the end of the year at the earliest, then I guess my decision is made, I'll pick up a Kemper this weekend. Can't say I'm not disappointed, but I have nothing to tide me over.
This is EU though they are always a few months after North America
So December there likely translates to
About October here

tonebender

Regular
While waiting for the FM3, what's the second best thing for running standalone in PC/Mac? I tried the Helix Native but was very disappointed...

Smittefar

Fractal Fanatic
@2112, you've tried a lot of the plug-in solutions. What's your favorite? I can think of the Plini Archetype, the new Nolly plugin and Waves Supermodels. Those would be the first ones I would test drive.

bdrepko

Forum Addict
+1. My AX8 still gets gig time, despite having my Axe-Fx III racked and ready to go.
I sold my AX8 to fund the AXE3. The other guitarist uses an AX8. In a live situation it keeps up with and sounds every bit as good as the AXE3.

Donnie B.

New here
This is EU though they are always a few months after North America
So December there likely translates to
About October here
Cliff has been posting over on TGP as of yesterday. Nothing about the FM3 though. I look quickly here but couldn't find anything?
Has there been any updates? FAS is huge in EU so I think your few months estimate might be off. Plus, usually with launch they like to get units to all major markets - I think Asia might be first since the units are made there.

Smittefar

Fractal Fanatic
You're new to FAS right?

In the beginning, all units go to the US, then the first batch of US invites go out. Then the next time a batch arrives in the US, they will start shipping from the US to other markets.

1-2 months later in Europe has been accurate with every FAS launch I have seen.

Retro Rick

Inspired
You're new to FAS right?

In the beginning, all units go to the US, then the first batch of US invites go out. Then the next time a batch arrives in the US, they will start shipping from the US to other markets.

1-2 months later in Europe has been accurate with every FAS launch I have seen.
US AND Canada!

Mindfunk27

New here
I am not sure if anyone has posted this.. forgive me if it has been covered.

This is my first FAS product at the time of launch. How does the invites normally happen? is it random? do they happen at specific times of the day?

just curious...

gitfruit

Inspired
My AX8 sounded glorious at rehearsal today...for me the FM3 doesn´t have enough footswitches, so I bought the AXE III and FC 12 instead.
I´m on the waitlist for the FM3 too just to check it out together with my FC 12. I didn´t expect the FM3 in Europe before Christmas anyway, so all is cool with me.

BBN

Fractal Fanatic
I can't say I blame you.
At the moment Fractal has zero floor based products for sale, which is super disappointing....and right when Kemper comes out with the floor model.
It's either genius timing by Kemper, or an amazing coincidence.

Fractal Fanatic
@2112, you've tried a lot of the plug-in solutions. What's your favorite? I can think of the Plini Archetype, the new Nolly plugin and Waves Supermodels. Those would be the first ones I would test drive.
Archetype is cool, haven't had the time to check out the nolly one yet but it looks great. For Marshall tones I really like Mercuriall Spark and for Mesa tones Mercuriall Reaxis is excellent.

RalphNYC

Inspired
Ive been in the tech industry for well over 20 years, working with server and appliance hardware, high speed digital imaging, networking, software etc, in my industry firmware updates are to address mistakes, bugs and compatibility issues that arise, so not having updates generally is better than having them once the product is stable then updates stop, if there is a bug that arises then a update may be necessary so yeah, totally agree with that statement.
Agreed. Believe me I’m not trolling when I say that even the original AxeFX Standard is still a great sounding unit with great modeling and fx. If that’s all I could afford today, I don’t think it would limit me in any way at all in my gigs or recordings or just enjoyment of the guitar.

Pavel

New here
I am not sure if anyone has posted this.. forgive me if it has been covered.

This is my first FAS product at the time of launch. How does the invites normally happen? is it random? do they happen at specific times of the day?

just curious...
Imagine Fractal receive a shipment of 100 units. Imagine there are 437 people who are on the wait-list. Invites would go out to the first 100 names on the list based on chronological order in which people signed up for the wait-list. Fractal will then likely give those 100 people a few days to reply/purchase the unit. If say 23 people of those first 100 do not accept the invitation to purchase, then those 23 invites go to people 101-123 on the original chronological order list of 437. Rinse-repeat, then again with the next shipment.

This is my best guess (based on memory from when I was on the wait-list for the AX8 or the Ultra years ago).

catscanman82

Inspired
I think that Fractal wants to have as many units as possible ready to ship to all that are on the wait list. As I remember people were complaining when the AX8 came out they didn’t have enough units to ship out and had to wait for their invitation. When they are ready they will let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom