FM3 vs AXE-FX III-Main Differences?

So if I love the sound of AXE III but want more portability.... FM3 is the ticket? The feel and tone are identical? I don't need a lot of effects and I think I can make 3 switches work.

Is the channel switching delay on the AXE III enough faster to be worth the increased price?

The only other concern I have is people say the high quality reverb eats up a lot of CPU. How many blocks could you add after including one with high quality reverb?

So if I love the sound of AXE III but want more portability.... FM3 is the ticket?
FM3 is the only ticket to that destination.

The feel and tone are identical?
Read the rest of this thread. ;)

Is the channel switching delay on the AXE III enough faster to be worth the increased price?
That increased price buys you a lot more than just faster channel switching. Are all those things worth the price? That depends on whether you want/need them.

How many blocks could you add after including one with high quality reverb?
That depends on what those blocks are. “How many animals can I fit into this cage?” That depends. Are those animals mice or elephants?

When I hear complaints about not enough CPU in the FM3 it makes me wonder if these guys play guitar or just tweak effects all day?
It is the quality settings on reverb and cab blocks that does it. Turn the quality to max on both and quite likely you'll get muted even if your preset only has in-amp-cab-reverb-out. I guess it depends on amp settings too, but anyway, you don't need a complex preset to eat all the cpu - it is the evil combination of settings.

However, with sensible settings the FM3 runs all the things you need to sound good and pro.

The FM3 gives you alot, the FX3 gives you MORE...2 amp blocks at once, some other blocks the FM3 doesn't have...(vocoder, tone matching, other features?). It has more CPU, handles more complex fx chains, more ins & outs...just more. Maybe its lifespan in terms of firmware updates, will be longer than the FM3 - like FX2 vs AX8 - but this is just my guess. For many, myself included, the FM3 hits the spot in terms of features, size and portability, sound quality etc. Anyway, ppl have to decide for themselves what their needs are.

Back
Top Bottom