FM3 Virtual Capo trouble

raingrow

Hello kind people. who may help with virtual capo block - plese gime directions.
When i use this AWESOME block - its so many artefacts like chorus or something like this. i cant make a clear sound. ith this problem can be aprove?
P.S> i try it make with no reverb /chorus or other modulation block. just pitch>amp>cab but in all ways i hear some modulated NOT clear sound
what i make wrong?
any of variation with "tarcking" menu doesnt helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Woz
Set pitch tracking to poly.

When you play on low volume or without headphones you also hear your normally tuned guitar, which also results in a wobbly sound.

Set pitch tracking to poly.

When you play on low volume or without headphones you also hear your normally tuned guitar, which also results in a wobbly sound.
THere is no POLY function
nah- i play loud and i can to diferrent tune of my guitar from modulated sound (like chorus )

It doesn't work on clean guitar; plain and simple. That's your problem.

You won't have any issues if you use overdrive/distortion, other than a slight amount of latency, if you're sensitive enough to latency.

My bassist has never been thrilled with the FM3's VC. He even bought the FM9 hoping it'd be better and it still had the same warbly artifacts (on clean), so he sent it back.

The good news, though, is that even despite the warbly tone and artifacts, in a live band mix you don't notice it. I use the VC on clean guitar for only one song, and the warbliness kinda sounds intentional, so it's not a deal-breaker, although it'd be nice if there was a way to get clean guitar to sound great through the VC. I don't see that happening for this generation of gear, though.

Дякую , значить не на кліні...
I hope developers will fix it in near future... Coz it works perfectly on my Digitec drop.......

Дякую , значить не на кліні...
I hope developers will fix it in near future... Coz it works perfectly on my Digitec drop.......
I use a Digitech Drop with my FM3. Apparently the capo algorithm is very CPU intensive and the lower power CPU of the FM3 can't handle the more powerful version of the pitch shift algorithm that the AxeFX III and the FM9 use.

I didn't have any better luck with the Drop than I do with the Fractal stuff, but if you like it better, definitely roll with it.

I use a Digitech Drop with my FM3. Apparently the capo algorithm is very CPU intensive and the lower power CPU of the FM3 can't handle the more powerful version of the pitch shift algorithm that the AxeFX III and the FM9 use.
I've done some pretty extensive testing and the FM3's is nearly identical. Again, my bass player just tried the FM9 to compare with the FM3 and it wasn't significantly better. I think he said it was a little less warbly, but the artifacts are still there; it wasn't better "enough" to justify the nearly double price, and the artifacts are still there on the Axe III. Lots of people swear by the Drop or even the Line 6 Helix/Stomp Poly Capo, but to my ears and objective measurements, the FM3 is basically as good as it gets. YMMV.

The FM3 doesn't compare favorably to the Drop of course, but I find the Axe-FX III (and presumably FM9?) VC to be significantly better than the Drop. Here's a comparison of the Drop with the Axe-FX III VC at various settings.

Original, Digitech Drop -7, VC -7 Fast 5, VC Fast 10, VC Off 5, VC Off 10, VC Smooth 5, VC Smooth 10, Original.

There's an audible difference with both the pitch stability and the transient preservation, but thing that stands out to me is that you can get a good pitch shift with the Virtual Capo at amazingly low latency. At Fast/5 it's about 5 msecs less latency than the Drop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom