Wish FM3 UX shortcut wishes

hippietim

Axe-Master
Stay on the Preset Directory after switching patches
This would be incredibly handy when you’re browsing around looking for a particular patch and there’s a few that could be what you’re looking for.

Add a soft knob option to change current switch when deep editing FC layouts
When you are editing a layout via Setup -> FC -> Layouts and then choose to edit a switch, it would be handy to have one of the ABCDE knobs change the switch you are editing. Right now you have to hit Exit, navigate, Edit Switch.

Have Edit button commit and Edit
When adding/changing a block on the grid, have the Edit button commit the block like Enter does but also take you straight to the edit page for the block. One click saved.

Cab Block: Invoke cabinet browser from bank select field
When editing in the cab block, have the cabinet browser load when you press Enter on the bank select (Factory 1 & 2, Legacy, User). Since you land on the bank select first, this saves having to navigate to the cabinet number field to load the cabinet browser.

Cab Block: Invoke cabinet browser from bank select field
When editing in the cab block, have the cabinet browser load when you press Enter on the bank select (Factory 1 & 2, Legacy, User). Since you land on the bank select first, this saves having to navigate to the cabinet number field to load the cabinet browser.
Yes, please!

+1 for Stay on the Preset Directory after switching patches
...or some way to pin it so that its quicker to audition presets on the hardware. Similar to the "hidden" feature to select and audition cabs in the cab block

In retrospect, I liked it much better when choosing a preset from the directory returned to the Home Screen.
We should have done #4 though :)

In retrospect, I liked it much better when choosing a preset from the directory returned to the Home Screen.
We should have done #4 though :)
To me all list views should work as "nav moves cursor, enter selects" because now you can't scroll for example the amp list without selecting an amp. It's an extra press but consistency is better.

Honestly there's a lot of small UI things in the master wish lists that I hope Fractal devs tackle after Cygnus update is out for FM3 as well. Some UI love would be very welcome.

On my wish list the biggest one would be a "go to previous block" function or at least better "go to amp" and "go to cab" block button right in the main home view without first paging over. For example the Tuner button there is totally redundant when there is a dedicated button for it.

Back
Top Bottom