FM3 USB connection

kaleidoskope

Inspired
Hi guys!

Maybe this was addressed somewhere and I could not find it. If so, please be so kind to point me in the right direction :)

I have my FM3 usb out into my active (powred) usb hub (Fratal bot and FM3 Edit work flawlessly), FC6 connected to FM3 through xlr cable (also working flawlessly). My audio interface is a Focusrite 2i4conneted to a windows 10 desktop through usb (direct to the computer, not using the usb hub). A pair of Yamaha HS8 connect to the 2i4.

When I play my guitar through the FM3, no sound comes through the speakers. Phone output on the FM3 works fine. When I set the FM3 as my audio output, I can hear my computer sound along with the guitar sound over the phones. But when I try to get the opposite (computer and guitar sound coming through the speakers, I get no guitar sound. Maybe the usb does not work that way (carry the FM3 sound into the computer)? I'll have the connect the audio output from the FM3 to the 2i4?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question from a newbie.

Cheers!

USB does not work that way. Audio comes out of the analog outputs to hear in real time. So Out 1 jacks or headphones. The USB audio signal from the FM3 goes directly to the computer programs, it doesn’t get routed automatically to speakers connected to something else. Almost all tone generators with USB work like this.

USB does not work that way. Audio comes out of the analog outputs to hear in real time. So Out 1 jacks or headphones. The USB audio signal from the FM3 goes directly to the computer programs, it doesn’t get routed automatically to speakers connected to something else. Almost all tone generators with USB work like this.
Hi Chris, so he has everything connected as it should be but needs a DAW to play sounds through if im understanding it correctly?

FWIW, my setup is this...

FM3 ---SPDIF---->Interface------>PC (FM3 also connected to PC via usb)

The reason this probably works is because audio input is coming to fm3 via usb and comes out from the interface out. Its a kinda roundabout way to do it... but it works for me.

Last edited:
FWIW, I my set up is this...

FM3 ---SPDIF---->Interface------>PC (FM3 also connected to PC via usb)

The reason this probably works is because audio input is coming to fm3 via usb and comes out from the interface out. Its a kinda roundabout way to do it... but it works for me.
I think I have no SPDIF connection on my Focusrite 2i4 interface, so I'll have to connect via XLR...

Thank you, anyway! :)

Back
Top Bottom