• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FM3 USB A Port

DLC86

Forum Addict
Which is wrong. It can deliver at least 100mA at 5V
I think we're just discussing semantics then.
The typical max current output according to usb 1.0 and 2.0 specs is 500mA, I expect a USB port to deliver "at least" that current these days.

ChristThePhone

Forum Addict
The typical max current output according to usb 1.0 and 2.0 specs is 500mA, I expect a USB port to deliver "at least" that current these days.
Low-power USB 1 will deliver only 100mA so my statement that any USB-A port can deliver at least 500mW is correct.

DLC86

Forum Addict
Low-power USB 1 will deliver only 100mA so my statement that any USB-A port can deliver at least 500mW is correct.
You're right, it's usb 1.1 that can deliver 500mA, didn't remember 1.0 was lower.
Anyway I doubt a new product like the FM3 has an obsolete standard like usb 1.0

jon

Fractal Fanatic
When it comes to electrical and electronics there are no semantics (more like schematics! LOL). Things have to be correct and precise or things don't work, catch fire, blow up etc.

500mw and 500mA are two VERY different things

So if the usb is giving out 500ma, could you power an H9 so long as you had a center positive power supply? This would be like a much more epic version of my Atomic Amps 3 H9 rig I ran a few years ago.

Kamil Kisiel

Veteran
If the FM3 had recording and playback to a USB stick that would be absolutely killer. It would be perfect for practice, travel, jamming, busking, etc..

Reactions: jon